Ahkmenrah x Male!Servant!Reader: When Night Falls

You threw the sack of grain onto the pile and straightened up, swiping the back of your hand across your forehead as the hot Egyptian sun beat down on your skin. You took a breath to rest, before turning and trudging back to the initial pile, hefting another sack over your soldier. You were halfway across the courtyard when you heard the trumpet sound. You immediately dropped the sack of grain and fell to the ground, kneeling and stretching your arms out in front of you. You heard the royal caravan pass by, and you had to resist looking up.

You felt the ends of his robe brush the ends of your hands, and maybe it was just you, but you think he may have slowed down a little as he passed you.

Of course, it wasn't for long, and all too soon the caravan was gone and you had to pop back up and get to work.

...

Eventually the sun set and your work was done for the day. Your feet carried you to the servants quarters and you all but collapsed onto your pallet. You laid there, not sleeping, but relaxing, as you waited.

Eventually, the quarters were filled with the sound of deep breaths and snoring. You carefully got up and weaved through the pallets of servants. You finally managed to exit the room, and you stuck to the shadows as you wandered through the halls. Finding the proper door, you slipped inside. The room was empty, and for a second you were terrified you entered the wrong room.

Then you felt a pair of arms wrap around you, and you relaxed. You turned in his arms, and pulled Ahkmenrah's face to yours. He hummed as he tightened his arms around you.

"I missed you today." He nudged your nose with his.

"But you saw me." You argued.

"True. But I hate that you have to do that when I do something as simple as walk by." Your smile fell a little.

"This is how it has to be, though."

"Doesn't mean I have to like it." He finished, before guiding you to his bed. "Now, you've been on your feet all day. He sat you down and laid back on the bed, pulling you back so your head was resting on his shoulder. He twined your fingers together and played with your fingers as you traded small kisses and sweet nothings.

Because when night fell you weren't a prince and a manservant.

You were Ahkmenrah and Y/N.