Ahkmenrah x Reader: Fingersnaps

You were forced to your knees with a cry as your brother in law stalked about your chambers.

"I won't ask you again, Y/N." Kahmunrah sneered. "Where. Is. The tablet?" He leaned down as he spoke, nearly brushing your nose with his. You glared at him in silence. "I know you know."

You spat in his face. Kahmunrah leapt back with a snarl. He raised his hand to strike you, but was interrupted by one of his personal guards entering the room. He mumbled something in Kahmunrah's ear, causing a smile to curl his lips. He turned to you. "Our guest is here." He snapped his fingers, and the guard holding you hauled you up and shoved you forward. You were led into the dining hall, and you gasped..

Your husband was bound and gagged at the other end of the table. As soon as he saw you being led in, Ahkmenrah began to struggle violently, his shouts muffled behind his gag. You were sat down across from him, and Kahmunrah roughly untied the gag.

"Let her go, she has nothing to do with this!" Ahkmenrah shouted. Kahmunrah tutted.

"I'm afraid I can't." He said. "She's my bargaining chip. And we're going to play a little game." He snapped his fingers again, and two guards came forward, each of them placing a chalice in front of you. They were both filled with a dark liquid. "See, these are both filled with poison. Now, either you drink yours willingly and thus relinquish the throne to me and therefore the tablet," He looked over to you. "Or she drinks hers."

"And how will she do that?" Ahkmenrah asked. Kahmunrah snapped his fingers for a third time. The guard closest to you grabbed the chalice with one hand and gripped your face with with the other, forcing your mouth open. "Okay! Okay!" Ahkmenrah shouted, his previous bravado gone. "I'll do it," He sighed. "Just don't hurt her." Kahmunrah grinned. "Let her go." Ahkmenrah ordered. When Kahmunrah did nothing, Ahkmenrah repeated himself louder. "Let her go, or you get nothing."

"Don't do this Ahk," You begged. "Think of our people!" He didn't meet your eyes.

"I can't let him hurt you." He mumbled. "Now let her go!" Kahmunrah rolled his eyes.

"Fine, fine," He snapped his fingers at one of the men behind you, who loosened the ropes around your wrists. You gingerly brought your arms around, rubbing your wrists. You smiled shakily at your husband, who gave you a weak smile in return.

Then you turned to Kahmunrah. "You should've listened to your king." Before anyone could stop you, you lunged for your chalice and knocked it back.

The last things you heard was Kahmunrah's roar of anger and Ahkmenrah's wail of despair.

...

When you woke, you were confused. The last you remembered, you were sure you drank poison, because Kahmunrah didn't bluff.

So what were you doing in this box?

You heard footsteps, and froze. You held your breath as the lid was moved.

"My love," You heard a soft whimper.

Tears sprung to your eyes and you reached up.