Lancelot x Reader: The Quest

"Welcome to the British Museum!" The blonde night guard chirped, holding out her hand. "You must be the new night guard!" You shook her hand and smiled.

"My name's Y/N," You told her. "I'm not too early am I?"

"Oh no, of course not!" She dropped you hand and motioned for you to follow her. "I'm Tilly, by the way. Come on, let's get you your uniform." You made small talk as you made your way to the faculty room. "So, do you know about what happens here?"

"Kind of, I know that there's a tablet that glows at closing time, and that something happens because of it, but I have no idea." You walked into the lounge and she passed you a bundle of clothes. As you were changing in the washroom, she talked to you through the door.

"Well, you're right about the tablet glowing and it causing something to happen. But you won't believe what it does!" She said excitedly. You stepped out of the bathroom and stuffed your clothes into your bag.

"Well? Don't keep me waiting." You laughed at her excitement.

"The tablet brings the exhibits to life every night!" You stared at her in disbelief.

"No way," You breathed.

"Yes way! Come on!" She grabbed your hand and pulled you out of the staff room and towards the main foyer. She dropped you hand and pushed you to the middle of the room. "Now wait." You waited expectantly as the sun disappeared. Suddenly you heard a rumbling. You turned around and gawked as a herd of zebras trotted by. You turned to a now grinning Tilly as she gave you an 'I told you so' look.

"Tilly, this is amazing!" She exclaimed.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to everybody!" Your first stop was the Egyptian exhibit.

"Guys, this is Y/N, the new night guard. The oldest one stepped forward, and you nodded politely.

"Welcome to our domain, Y/N. I am Merenkahre, and this is my wife," He gestured to the woman standing by him. "Shepseheret, and this is our son, Ahkmenrah." The youngest boy stepped forward to shake your hand.

"Don't mind my dad," He said, quiet enough so only you could hear. "He's just trying to act intimidating," You smiled.

"Don't worry, he doesn't scare me," Ahkmenrah slapped a hand over his mouth to keep himself from laughing. Tilly came up from behind you and grabbed your arm.

"Sorry to cut this short, but we have to get going or we won't have time to meet everyone. Bye guys!" She guided you out of the room and down the hall.

"So, where to next?" You asked Tilly.

"The medieval wing, there's one more person for you to meet." She turned the corner, but immediately leapt back. "Back up, back up!" She hissed as she pushed you against the wall, running to duck behind a display cabinet. You heard a thundering noise as you nervously bit your lip. Suddenly, the skeleton of a giant Triceratops appeared around the corner, crashing into the wall across from you as it raced down the hall. Right on its tail was an armored stallion with a knight on its back. Said knight was currently swinging his sword around, completely unaware that there were people in the hall. As his sword swung towards your head, you let out a shriek and quickly dropped down as the sword embedded itself in the wall where your head used to be. Tilly quickly emerged from her corner and ran to you. The knight stopped.

"Good evening, Lady Tilly!" She completely ignored him and dropped down beside you. She grabbed your shoulder in one hand and grabbed your face with the other. She sharply turned your head from side to side, bombarding you with questions.