Family

"What if they don't like me?" You looked over at your girlfriend as you walked up the steps to the museum.

"Relax, they'll love you." But will they be okay with it? You had brought your girlfriend to the museum dozens of times, but you hadn't specified that she was your girlfriend, and you were nervous about adding that piece of information. Logically, you assumed they'd be okay with it. Jedediah and Octavius had been together for a few months, but you were still worried. But what if Uncle Larry wasn't okay with it? Two friends coming out together was one thing, but you...you were family. What if he was disappointed in you?

"...abe? Babe!" You shook your head as you came back to reality.

"Hm?"

"You stopped walking, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." You lied. She looked at you.

"Hey, everything'll be alright." She squeezed your hand and you smiled at each other.

"You ready?" She nodded, and you opened the door. "Uncle Larry? We're here!" You called into the foyer.

Larry looked up from where he was talking with Ahkmenrah. He smiled and walked over to the two of you. "Hey, Y/N; Hey GF/N."

"Hi, Uncle."

"Hi, Mr. Daley." You exchanged pleasantries with each other for a few minutes.

"So what did you come over here for?" You had told your Uncle to make sure all your friends from the museum were there, but you didn't say why. You looked over at your girlfriend and took a deep breath.

"All right guys," The hall fell silent. "You all know GF/N, and I've brought her here a dozen times, but we haven't been really honest with you guys. GF/N isn't just my friend." You reached over and grabbed her hand. "You guys, this is GF/N. My girlfriend." Everyone was silent and you held your breath. Then chaos erupted.

"Oh my God, how long have you been together?"

"Where did you guys meet?"

"When did you guys meet?"

"Break out the beer, we gotta celebrate the new couple!"

"Jedediah, no." You looked over at GF/N and you smiled at each other. Why was I ever worried?