Ahkmenrah x Reader: Stress Tears

You let out an exhausted sigh as you closed your textbook. You rubbed your eyes for a few minutes, before reluctantly grabbing your next book. You opened it up, and stared at the pages. After a few minutes, you realized you weren't actually reading. You looked at your assignment:

Read pages 250-325 and take notes.

You looked at the page you were on.

253.

You shoved the book off the table and buried your face in your arms, trying to hold back stress tears. You heard footsteps coming towards you. Thinking it was Larry, you didn't look up. "I don't wanna talk right now," Your voice cracked.

The footsteps got closer, and a pair of arms wrapped around you and slowly lifted you out of your chair.

"It's me. Now, what's got you so overwhelmed?" You looked up at Ahkmenrah. He looked down at you in concern, and continued to walk around the room, still holding you.

"It's nothing," You sniffled, wiping your eyes as you tried to squirm out of his grip. He held on tighter and sat down on a bench, holding you in his arms.

"You're crying, Y/N. It's not nothing." He rubbed your back. "You can tell me."

And then the floodgates opened.

You buried your face in Ahkmenrah's shoulder as you sobbed. He pulled you against him tightly and rubbed your back, whispering and cooing in your ear.

"It's okay Y/N, I've got you " He told you. "Let it all out; I'm not going anywhere." You clutched at his shoulders and he ran his hand through your hair.

Eventually you pulled yourself together and drew back from his shoulder. He watched your carefully and didn't let you get up.

"Sorry about that." You tried to apologize. He kissed your forehead before pressing his to yours.

"You don't ever have to apologize, Y/N. I just want to know why you're upset."

You sighed.

"It's school." You admitted quietly. "My history teacher gave me a lot of homework for Monday, and I have no idea how I'm going to get it done in time!"

You let out a little sob, and Ahkmenrah guided your head to his shoulder. You wrapped your arms around his shoulders as he rocked you back and forth.

"What are you studying?"

"American history in the 1800's." He laughed. "What?"

"Y/N, we're in a museum."

"I know. So?"

"...Why don't you just ask one of our friends? I'm sure Jed would be happy to help." You thought about it. Then you let out a frustrated groan and buried you face in Ahkmenrah's shoulder. He laughed as he hugged you close as you got the rest of the tears out of your system.