Nicky x Reader: Finally Home Part 2

"Please Teddy?" You begged your friend. "It's only an hour." The former president ran a hand over his moustache as he thought, as Sacagawea watched him. "Ahk has been trailing us for weeks now, and even he's amazed at how good we've been. One little date without him won't hurt," You tried to persuade him. Sacagawea laid a hand on his arm. He turned to her, and she gave him an almost imperceptible nod.

"Fine, Y/N. But just this once." He finally relented. You grinned and hugged him.

"Thank you, Teddy!"

"You're welcome," He pushed you back by your shoulders and held you at arm's length. "But if Ahk finds out, I'm not covering for you."

"Yeah, yeah," You brushed off his warning. "He won't find out though. Don't worry!" You said as you walked to the Arthur Ross Hall of Meteorites.

"Nicky?" You called, ducking as a meteorite flew overhead. "You in here?" He appeared from around a corner a moment later.

"I'm over here," He said, holding his arms open. You quickly closed the distance between you two, and wrapped your arms around his neck as he wrapped his around your waist. He quickly leaned down and pecked you on the lips. "How's my girl?"

"Exhausted," You replied truthfully. "Ahk's really got this protective brother role down pat." He laughed at the exasperated tone in your voice.

"Well, if all goes according to plan, we'll have an hour to ourselves."

"That sounds wonderful," You smiled at him. He let go of you and entwined his fingers with yours as he led you through the hall. You both admired the stars and asteroids that flew around the room as you talked. Time seemed to fly, and soon an hour was up.

But neither of you knew. Suddenly, a small plastic car sped into the room. You both turned at the sound of the wheels screeching to a halt, and bent down. "Jed, Octavius? What's the rush?" Nicky asked the two miniatures. Jedediah leaned out the window of his door.

"Teddy sent us, he told us to tell ya that Ahk's on his way!" You both looked at each other sharply.

"Tell Teddy thanks!" You said quickly. Jedediah disappeared from the window, and the car turned around sharply and raced out of sight. You and Nicky stood up again. You exchanged another glance and nodded. Still clasping hands, you both ran from the Hall of Meteorites. You heard footsteps behind you, and both pushed yourselves to run quicker. You turned another corner, and found yourselves in a dead end. The footsteps were coming closer. You both looked around wildly, scared of what the Pharaoh would do if he caught you breaking rule number six. Your eyes landed on a broom closet. You tugged on Nicky's hand and pulled him towards it. "In here. Hurry!" You wrenched the door open and shoved him inside before following him and closing it behind the two of you. You were both pressed up against each other in the dark pace.

"What do we do?" He whispered.

"We," You grabbed his face in your hands. "We have to shock him."

"What?" He looked at you.

"We have to shock him so bad that he can't get mad at us."

"I-I don't understand."

"I'll explain later." You pulled his face down to yours and pressed your lips firmly to his. He responded almost instantly, wrapping his arms around your waist and smiling into the kiss. You moved your hands from his face to around his neck, playing with the hair at the nape of his neck. Neither of you noticed the door open, but you heard the voice.

"Ha! I found you Y—Oh, Ra." Ahkmenrah closed the door as fast as he opened it. "I-I'll talk to you about this later." You heard his footsteps fade. "Much, much later." As soon as his footsteps disappeared, you broke apart and buried your face in his shoulder, laughing. He snickered into your hair.

"I think I understand now." He said once your laughter died down.

"I should hope so," You grinned.