Nicky x Reader: Nerf Guns and Dinosaurs

"Have a nice day!" You exclaimed as you handed the customer his change. You checked your watch as you wandered around the gift shop, straightening up displays. You the jingle of bells as the dor opened. You turned around as your boss walked in.

"Hi, Dr. McPhee!" You chirped as you made your way back to the counter.

"Hello, Y/N," He greeted as he inspected the shop.

"Can I help you with anything?" You asked after a long moment of silence.

"No no," He said as he walked around. "No, I'm alright, I'm just," He looked around again. "Just checking up on things."

"Oh. Okay," You absent mindedly tapped your nails against the counter as you quietly waited for Dr. McPhee to finish his inspection. Eventually, Dr. McPhee straightened up. After saying goodbye, he left, leaving you alone again. Checking your watch again, you walked to the front of the store and flipped the sign to 'closed'. You turned off all the lights except for the lamp next to the cash register, and pulled the blinds over the glass of the windows. You pulled out a stool and a clipboard with a pen. You sat down, put your earbuds in, and began to take inventory of the store, blissfully unaware of the changes happening right outside the door. Things were uneventful, until the peace was suddenly interrupted by someone racing into the shop and slamming the door behind them. You jumped as you yanked your earbuds out. The intruder didn't seem to know you were there, and you tried to be as quiet as possible as you slowly made your way to the light switch. You turned the lights on and came face to face with a boy holding a Nerf gun.

"Who are you?" You both demanded at the same time. After an awkward moment of silence, you decided to go first.

"I'm Y/N. I work here." The boy seemed to relax and offered you his hand.

"I'm Nicky. My dad's the security guard."

"Nice to meet you Nicky," You shook his hand and glanced down at the toy he held under his arm. "But why do you have a Nerf gun?"

"Huh? Oh!" His face turned red as you looked back up at him. "It's me and Attila versus Teddy and Ahk."

"...Who are you talking about?" You asked, confused.

"You know, the exhibits...?" He trailed off as he realized that you really had no clue what he was talking about. "You don't know what happens here, do you?" You shook your head. "Crap." He opened his mouth as if to continue, but before he could say anything else. The door flew open again and an Egyptian man strode in, also brandishing a Nerf gun and aiming it at Nicky.

"I've got you now, Son of Larry," He laughed as he fired tons of foam bullets at Nicky, who tried in vain to deflect them. As they were fighting, you noticed movement through the open door. Ducking around the overdramatic duo, you peeked through the door and gasped as you took in the scene. Mannequins dressed in civil war uniforms were doing the limbo with a bunch of knights, while Theodore Roosevelt rode around the lobby.

"Pretty cool, isn't it?" You turned to Nicky, who had come up beside you. You looked up at him and opened your mouth to answer when his eyes widened and he pulled you into a crouch. You could only stare in shocked silence as a skeletal tail swung overhead. When the danger had passed, Nicky stood up, pulling you up with him as you watched the massive dinosaur skeleton disappear around a corner.

"Nicky, how is this even possible?" He smiled and motioned for you to follow him. You wove through the crowds as you made your way towards the Egyptian exhibit. As you turned the corner, you gasped at what you saw. The tablet that hung on the wall was glowing brightly, and the sarcophagus that lay in front of it was open.