Prologue

(This is a test chapter. If this receives good reactions, I'll start on more chapters!)

Nightmare slammed his tentacle to the ground, just missing Dream. Both had been locked in an intense battle for about an hour, neither seeming to be able to get the upper hand of the other. Dream raised his bow steadily and shot dozens of his aqua-blue arrows rapid fire at Nightmare, surprising himself with the fact that he even had the strength to lift his arms. The arrows were too fast for Nightmare's encumbered body to dodge so his limbs smacked most to the side, allowing three of them to bury themselves into his chest and arm.

"Aaah!"

He groaned in pain before his eyes flashed a malicious violet at the yellow guardian.

"You're going to pay for that next time, Dream."

Nightmare retreated by 'falling' into a shadow-like puddle, otherwise teleporting to a safer AU where Dream couldn't reach him. Breathing hard and grunting in pain, he painfully ripped out the arrows and threw them frustratedly away from himself. Kneeling, tired, he checks his injuries. They were already starting to heal and close thanks to his inhuman regenerative ability. Nightmare sighed in slight relief as the sharpness of the pain faded into a dull ache.

The dark skeleton stayed in silence when he realizes where he was. An endless space filled with a blinding wwhite.There were very few AUs with anti-voids in them including Errortale, Xtale, Undersee, and a few others. One difference between them were the single (Oh ho? Tell that to the shippers. ;D) people who inhabit these plains. This particular AU had a figure too far away to clearly make out. But Nightmare was too weak to put up a fight. Oh, sure, he can still defend himself if he had to, but right now wasn't preferable.

The 'figure', meanwhile, was drawing on a piece of paper a certain creative god had given him along with various art supplies. A ghost only visible to them laid opposite of the, looking at the drawing boredly.

"Cross, I'm bored. Why don't we go do something else? You've been drawing for hours."

"But I like drawing..."

"Ughhh! Just do something! If I have to spend another eternity being drowned in a sea of toddler scribbles, I'll possess you and slap myself."

This made the figure- Cross- laugh and shake their head, continuing to draw.

"You wouldn't have to if you hadn't ended up being fused to my soul."

"And whose fault was that?"

"Look who's pointing fingers Mr.'Let's-fix-our-world'."

This made them lapse into an uncomfortable silence. Bickering was normal to them as there were no other people to talk to. Besides Ink, no one ever came to meet them. And they were okay with that for a while. Their world... Destroyed because of an Overwrite from someone so inexperienced in code manipulation. Cross blames himself just as much as he does Chara. They were the one to offer the choice. He was the one to execute it. What a mistake that decision was.

After a long while of Chara whining and complaining, something tapped Cross on the shoulder. He jumped, crying out in shock. He wasn't used to surprises as nothing ever really happens. He turns and comes face-to-face with Nightmare the Guardian of freaking Negativity.

Needless to say, more screaming ensued.