Chapter 22

Chaewon's POV

"do it. don't run away this time," yujin whispers to my ear softly while patting my shoulder lightly in good luck. I immediately grab the bouquet from yujin's hand and grasp minju's wrist.

"come with me for a second," I said, looking at her surprised face. I've been anticipating for this moment for a long time. this time, I won't run away for sure. I'll make sure, to be transparent with my feelings. I don't care if I got reject or whatever. as long as I let everything out. I'm fine.

"minmin... I've been meaning to tell you this for a long time already. and I think it's best for me to say it right now," I said slowly reaching for both of her hands and intertwined it with mine. and with that, I slowly sing her a song I've prepared specially for her. and only her.

How should I tell you?

The truth about

How I feel about you

Words aren't enough

So I'm singing like this

"every day. every night. you're always on my mind. without me knowing, I start to fall deeply for you. I want you for myself and asks you to be mine but how can I? I've been giving you a lot of trouble and burden.

the truth is, I can't tell you how I feel about you. it's not that I can't, it's just that I don't know how to express my feelings without being unnatural. nothing is enough to explain how much I love you. not even words. so, I wrote this song just for you."

I have a lot of fear and anxiety

But I discovered happiness

After meeting you

"back then, I used to feel scared and depressed every day thinking I don't matter and I shouldn't have existed in this world. heck, I even thought that I was a mistake.

I don't have any friends. I don't have the life normal people does. I always trapped myself in my darkroom sitting at the corner and stare at the dark, lonely and quiet room. I discovered happiness after meeting you.

meeting you is like I was just born into a new different person. I finally know why God created me in the first place. He wants me to meet an angel like you. you show me that happiness is not something you can force but instead letting it runs in your veins."

Do you remember?

The day we first met?

It was so awkward and strange

Then coincidence continued

And we fell in love

And we were so happy

"do you remember the day we first met? you and your friends invited me to hang out. even though it was the same day as my mom's death, I was glad that you invited me to come with you.

remember that day when yena bought us buns from her family's bakery? I remember how your eyes display sadness when you realise there's no curry bun left. so I gave you mine. it was so awkward and strange.

you were so mysterious yet interesting makes me want to know more about you. we start to hang out and talk more with each other to the point where we almost forgot that it was already night time. we were so happy back then."