Chapter 27

"CHAE!" I reach out to her. she did flinch a little but even then, she turns back to me giving a curious look. "wanna walk home together?" I continue. "sure," a short but meaningful answer. 

 "I didn't think you'd ask me, minmin," chaewon insert her hands into both of her pockets as we were walking side to side. well not exactly since I was walking behind her back to be exact.

"there's something I'd like to talk about," I answer. "there's something I would like to talk about too." her reply took me off guard. 

there, I was seen standing there speechless. I couldn't think about anything except wonder what did she want to talk about. she keeps walking ahead of me, clearly didn't notice how I suddenly stop at my own pace behind her.

by then she already stops herself from walking too. she twirls around just to walk closer to me. out of nowhere, she holds out her hand to me. 

at first, I'm really confused. screw that. I'm still confused right now like what did she want me to do with her hand? "what's wrong, chae?" her facial expressions just turn from excited to sad really quickly. but still, I don't really know why.

"nothing. sorry. goodbye," she said as if she was in a hurry. even she starts to walk away from me after that. I start to think that it was all my fault. but how could I apologise if I don't even know my own wrongdoing?

"what's wrong, minju?" yujin asked behind me with a worried expression plastered on her face. "yujin... did your letter said anything about chaewon today?" "Nope. didn't you say you weren't going to rely on the letter from now on?"   

yujin took me off guard with her sudden question. I look at my feet trying to find a good answer to her question. "but I'm concerned about chaewon..." "minju. don't put all your hopes on the letter. rely on us too."

and with that, one by one start to appear from the wall beside her. they stood beside yujin with a smile on their stunning engraved face. "you've got these guys behind you too."

"everyone....." I couldn't help but tear up a little. once again, I got reminded that I'm never alone and they keep proving me that I could count on them.

"minju......" yena cupped my face with her palms wiping away the tears from flowing. the group gathered around me hugging me tightly.

"Is there something about chaewon troubling you?" yena softly asks. "why not try talking to them?" yujin assure that it's okay to tell them the truth.

"well.... chaewon has been acting very weird lately." "acting weird? how?" yuri wonders as she rubs her chin with her long skinny fingers.

"she holds out her hand like this and doesn't say a word. when I ask her what's it for, she won't answer. she had a sad expression on her face. so I thought maybe something had happened," I tried to impersonate chaewon's action in detail.

yena and eunbi look at each other smirking before laughing hysterically. what's so funny? I thought we are supposed to be serious right now. how can they laugh at me as if I'm a clown from the funfair?

"I'm pretty sure chaewon just wanted to hold hands with you," eunbi explains trying to contain her laughter. my face starts to burn. is it true? did she do that just because she wants to hold my hand?

"you're just overthinking, minju," yuri answer as she cleans her glasses using a piece of cloth before putting it back to her eyes. "we told you, you don't have to hide things from us," yena pat my head lightly while chuckling.

"why don't you tell them everything? go on," yujin pushed me to them trying to tell them everything right from the beginning. should I tell them? what if they think I'm joking? what if they don't believe me? what if they freak out?

I need to push these thoughts away. I need to believe in them. I need to trust them. they've been there for me right from the start. they're my only friends. it doesn't hurt to let out the truths right?

"I got a letter from my future self. it said 'I want you to save chaewon.' so... I want you all to help me," I grasp onto my skirt tightly with my eyes tightly close together. "sure," I heard what sounds like yena answered.

"You finally asked us for help," yena continue to say. "there's something we want to show you," eunbi said slowly showing me the letter she got. it looks exactly like mine but the cover of the envelope is different.

it's in purple while mine is in white. yujin's letter is blue in colour. yena and yuri also got a letter from the future. yuri is in an orange envelope and yena is in yellow.

"sorry, we didn't tell you. we got letters from the future too," yuri said giving an apologetic smile. "all of us have the same goal. let's save chaewon!" yena cheered. I have friends who'll never change, even ten years from now.

let's save chaewon.

together.