Chapter 24

as I was busy drafting notes into my notebook, chaewon and yuri can be heard bickering about an mp3 player.

"hey, chae. what're you listening to?" "you might not know this song." "don't underestimate me," yuri pouts as she stomps the floor using her feet in anger.

"not sharing~~," chaewon sticks out her tongue at yuri's face making fun of her. "come on," by then yuri is already whining. "let me think about it." "come on. let me listen to it for a second." "why?~~~"

because of chaewon's angelic voice, I inadvertently turn to look at her just at the same time when she looks at me too. that makes us eye contacting each other. but of course, my coward self looks away instantly.

noticing how I glance at her, she carries her chair next to me facing my side. "wanna listen," she asks removing one of the earbuds from her ear.

"here," she came closer and closer to me gently insert the earbud to my left ear. 'Me After You' by Paul Kim is playing.

After I met you

I've been happy with small changes

In the dazzling morning

I open my eyes by thinking of you

I sit face to face with you at the table

I ask about your day

Or my day was pretty good

I want to answer with a smile

When we understand each other about little things

I was surprised by the fact that we got used to each other

I love you

Just like now when it's peaceful

I want to be with you forever

I thought that as

I was looking at you

I was so happy after meeting you

I was able to love you so much

Because you embraced and understood

My young and immature mind warmly

our face is really close to each other. if I'm, not a coward person like I am today, I would just kiss her without thinking much. but that can never happen because I'm a coward after all.

it was mesmerising looking at her face this close. I can see all of her flaws and features clearly. like how pointy her nose is and how she slightly pucker her lips out.

I focused on her eyes, which were darting back and forth, shining in the light. they were a deep, earthy brown. but something about them makes them look glistening.

When we hurt each other with nonchalant tones

I can't bear our distant relationship

So I'm sorry

Even now when I'm anxious

I want to be with you forever