Chapter 31

Chaewon's POV

I stop myself from running any further. 'You wouldn't mind if I went out with minju?' yujin's statement keeps messing my mind.

during the game earlier, the thoughts of them going out together angers me that's why I keep throwing the ball harshly with intense in them.

'nope. in fact, that'd be a great idea.' I sigh in disappointment. why did I say that when I acted the opposite seeing them hugging each other earlier.

minju did say she loves me and not others, but why do I feel scared by it. what if what yujin said turns out true? what if someone else owns her heart because I never had a gut to date her?

after that, I went back to them without saying anything. acting like nothing happens earlier is what I think best to do right now. "check it out! they're using the cheerleading uniform," yuri exclaim.

WHAT?! me and yujin immediately turn our head towards them. "how is it?" yena asks with hopes in her eyes. "of course you're not cute, idiot," yuri's tsundere mode is on right now. she said no but her face said otherwise. PFT. what a joke.

"at least said we're cute even if you don't mean it. you all are so cold," yena retort back. "let's go," eunbi drag both of them to the field getting ready for their performance. not gonna lie, minju looks really cute in that outfit with her high ponytail and ribbon to top it off.

Minju's POV

Chaewon is really acting strangely mysterious. there's still relay in the afternoon, too. is she really okay?

Chaewon's POV

while the cheerleader is performing, the others are seated on the ground clapping and cheering for them. "my dad said he will take a lot of photos. I'll give you one of yena, okay?" yujin teasingly said to yuri who is already red like a ripe tomato.

"I DON'T WANT IT!!" she screams immediately trying to deny the fact that she actually does want those pretty photos of yena. "I'll give you one of minju too, chae," yujin turn to me. "sure."

Ouch. my ankle hurts badly right now so I gently hold onto it trying not to make a face just so that others won't get worried about me. It started when we played dodge ball awhile ago. I guess I run without knowing that I sprained my ankle.

I just hope I won't be a burden to the others and be the reason why we don't win for the relay just because of my sprained ankle.

Minju's POV

When Yujin said things were moving in the right direction, what did she mean by that? By then I quickly change my outfit into a more suitable one for the upcoming event with is the last game of the day, the relay.

Making my way towards the others, I notice that chaewon was looking at me the whole time. I couldn't help but turn away mostly embarrassed and shy.

"Minju,! Chaewon! come here for a second!" the teacher calls us out gesturing to follow him. We had no choice but to follow him with us walking side by side from behind.

Yujin's POV

"where are minju and chaewon going to?" yena asks with her eyes glued at them who is tailing Mr. lee from behind. "helping Mr. lee running some errands," eunbi replies calmly with her arm crossed.

"I hope we can pull off the relay," I sigh. "according to minju's letter, after chaewon fell and we lost, she blamed herself, right?" yena tried to recall back.

"wouldn't it'll be weird if we go saying 'don't worry if you fall' to her before the race even starts huh," eunbi sarcastically said. "even if we said 'be careful not to fall', it wouldn't change anything," I said disappointingly.