Chapter 39

Chaewon's POV

it's 7:05 right now and I'm currently staring at my mom's picture in front of me with my leg kneeling on the floor praying for my mom who is no longer in this world. as I pray, my eyes were closed.

slowly opening my eyes after finish praying. as I stood up from the floor, I remember that I forgot to frame one of mom's photo. where did I put it? "grandma? where are mom's photos?" I ask my grandma from upstairs.

"I think its inside one of the boxes on the shelf," she answers hands are still busy cleaning the dishes. I ran towards the shelf where grandma had told me as soon as I heard where is it.

I forgot that I place a bunch of boxes on this shelf. idiot. lets just randomly take one of the boxes one by one. maybe one of them has mom's photos in it. gripping onto the box before carrying it out, an object falls off from the top part of the box.

looking closely at the falling object trying to identify what is it. oh. it's mom's phone. I wonder what's in it.

Minju's POV

today is it. the day we try to avoid. the day chaewon commit suicide. it's 8:35 and there's still no sign of chaewon here. cars start to pass through us as time goes by.

don't come here, chae.

*27 years old*

if I can see chaewon one more time, I'd want to meet her when she was little. I'd want her to be the happiest person in this world.

*17 years old*

8:10

still no sign of chaewon. all of us starts to feel uneasy. like what if something happens to her in other parts of this neighbourhood? I start to fidgeting my finger feeling very worried.

"chaewon isn't coming," yujin said sternly showing the time right now with her phone. couldn't take it anymore, we decided to just check her out at her own house. maybe she's still there.

"she just left a little while ago," her grandma answer when eunbi asks her whether or not chaewon is at home right now. "she just suddenly ran out, so I don't know where she went."

without delaying any more time, we start to run away from her house and try to find her instead. maybe she's just nearby.

please be okay, chae.

please don't hurt yourself.

"that bike! it's chaewon's!" yuri suddenly stops. "we change the future so much. this isn't anything like what the letter said. this is what I was afraid would happen," she continues as her head hang low with her eyes starting to get watery.

"if it becomes the same future as in the letter, there's no point! let's split up and search for her!" yena panicked. we run towards different path figuring that it would make it quicker and easier to look for her.

I'm with yujin right now searching for her. we keep screaming her name in this dark neighbourhood. seriously though why isn't there any lamp post right here? "CHAEWON!"

what expression is on your face right now?

don't cry.

*ring* yujin's phone starts to ring and vibrating in her pocket. looking at the caller.... its yuri! "we found someone with info. he saw a kid who looked like chaewon in the direction you two were heading. we are heading there right now," yuri speaks from another line.

"got it! we are heading there right now too," yujin ends the call with yuri, dragging me by the wrist running towards where yuri was talking about.