Chapter 21

"This is the letter I got. you can read it," she handed the envelope filled with notes in them.

Ahn Yujin,

how are you, my 17 years old self? I'm writing this letter in the future. actually, I have an important favour to ask you. I want you to obliterate the regrets that haunt me. I don't want you to experience the same regret and go down the same path as I did.

"it warns against inviting Chaewon to walk home with us and commands me to get her to join the soccer club. but I didn't read the letter until I got home," rubbing her chin to make it look like she is thinking about something.

"did you get yours the day of the opening ceremony?" she asks. "yeah. mine came in the same kind of envelope." "Really?!" "is that all so far?" I ask for consent. "no. it also says it wants me to save chaewon."

there's only one regret: not being able to save chaewon. the future me and the future yujin are probably talking about the same thing.

"you don't have to worry, okay? we'll save chaewon for sure," she tries to comfort me. "you take care of this one," handing me one of the pages.

August 1st

Chaewon's birthday. I want you to pester her about her birth date and ask what he wants for her birthday.

"Apparently, our future selves only learned chaewon's birthday after the date, so we couldn't celebrate it," yujin continues. "where's the rest?" "Oh. sorry. I left it at home," she scratches her cheek.

the next day (lunchtime)

"chae, when is your birthday," yujin start off the plan. "huh? where's this coming from?" chaewon was overwhelmed by the question. "mine is on the 1st of September. I thought it was about time I advertise it," yujin reply happily showing her dimples.

"You're early! that's like a month later. don't blame me if I forget it," yuri who sat beside her said calmly. "mine is August 1st," chaewon said out of nowhere making all of us freeze and inarticulate.

"that's right around the corner! that's next week!" yujin slams the table catching everyone's attention. "LET'S ALL CELEBRATE IT!" yena roar deafeningly while punching the air. "for real?! I would love that!"

"I can get us a cake made at home," yena suggests. "you can make cakes?" chaewon asks with her jaw drops. "yup! my mom can!" everyone just stare at her with the 'you're unbelievable' face.

at that exact moment, the bell ring but there's still 20 minutes left for our lesson to actually commence. usually, after lunch, we have 20 minutes to tidy everything up including the class to make sure the class is always clean at all time.

"chaewon! is there anything you want?" yena asks with eunbi standing beside her waiting for an answer from chaewon. "I don't need presents or anything." "We didn't mention presents. we were just asking," eunbi tuck her arms.

"I would like to see the soccer match everyone was talking about," she said after contemplating for a while. "okay! we'll get a ticket for you," eunbi smile sweetly at her.

"is there anything you want?" it's yuri time to ask but her eyes are on the manga she's currently reading. "I don't need presents or anything."

"idiot. I wasn't referring to a present." "then... I want to read the manga you said was hilarious," chaewon said before leaving to her seat. "manga it is then."

after school

"later, minmin~~," chaewon said before grasping her bag from her seat. "is there anything you want, chae?" "Oh, it's fine. it seems like yena, yuri and eunbi are already getting me presents."