Chapter 35

"CHAE!" after the encounter with yujin, I immediately dash out to look for chaewon who ran into the I don't know where she went. but I assume she went somewhere dark and quiet.

the only dark and quiet place I could think of that is somewhat not that far from here is the park. chaewon wouldn't have been away that far, right?

while running, I skilfully took out my phone from the pocket of my jeans and dial chaewon's number hoping that she'll pick up her phone call. but I doubt that she'll answer.

please, please, please, chae.

please answer.

tell me where you are.

or give me a hint.

please don't hurt yourself.

please be safe.

dialling her number once again only to hear a beeping sound saying things like I can't reach for this number or something like that.

just at that right moment, I heard a sound of sobbing at the end of the park. following the direction of the sound, I found myself walking towards the swing. the sobbing starts to get louder and clearer dedicating she's near.

few metres away from the swing, I saw a shadow or like a silhouette of a person's back. just by seeing the shape of the figure, I knew well enough that it's chaewon. I'm glad that I finally found her.

my feet walk by itself to her. not by the back or the side, but in front of her. her head hangs low trying to cover up her face with her long pinkish hair.

"chae....." I slowly caress her hair almost too careful and gentle, afraid that I might break her any further.

she finally looks up to meet my eyes and hugs me tightly by the waist only to bury her face to my belly, clutching on to me like I'm the only thing keeping her alive.

her crying didn't just stop there. instead, it just got louder and louder trying to let everything out. she must have suffered trying to bottle up her feelings not knowing that it will slowly start to kill her emotionally.

as anyone would do, I put my arm around her back with the other free hand caressing her hair up to down waiting for her to finally calm down.

the silence is suffocating both Chaewon and me. the only other noise can be heard is the sound of her trying to gasp for air. trying my best to figure out how to break it. maybe if I sing or hum a soft calming song, it would calm her a little.

Tonight, I’ll send you the firefly from that day
To your window
That means that I love you

I remember our first kiss
Every time, I close my eyes
And it takes me away to the farthest place

Like the words that are written in the sand
Where the waves are
I’m afraid you’ll disappear
So I always miss you
I can’t take out
All these words in my heart
But this means that I love you

How did someone like you to come to me?
If only we could be together right now
How nice would it be