Chapter 16

"did any of you participate in any contests for the upcoming festival?" eunbi who was busy making the banner suddenly asked.

"chae, why don't you join the ms. enozi contest? you are really good looking. I think you can really win it," yena encourage chaewon to join the beauty contest.

yena wasn't lying though. with her looks, I think she can easily outpass anyone who joins it. she can easily catch anyone's attention just by standing there.

"You just figure it out? I've been an absolute fairy and you just figure it out just now? tch," chaewon playfully rolls her eyes before laughing her ass out. "ew. what the fuck just happen?" yena look at her in disgust.

"I'm planning to join too you know," yuri blurt out of nowhere. "you'd place last with zero votes," yujin teasingly said. "that's what I'm aiming for. I want to be the only student who doesn't receive any vote," yuri shows out a peace sign with her fingers.

"but yuri, you look like a goddess without your glasses. why don't you try to open it for once? I really like the look of your face though," yena compliment her but yuri just look at her expressionless. "and be blind? no thanks."

"just use contact lense then. I'm sure you can drown people with that look of yours, especially me." "I didn't come here just to watch a love drama scene from both of you," yujin interrupt the most important scene.

even so, no one can ignore how yuri face is slightly red but not so red it was like she was trying not to blush. I guess she's flustered at how yena flirt with her based on how she looked down with her face cover with both of her palms. "are you flustered, yuri?" I asked cheekily. "fuck no." tch. tsundere much?

"Why don't you join, yujin?" chaewon asks her. "why me?" "you're popular. don't you remember you get confessions from the students every day and your locker is full of love letters," chaewon explain in detail.

"I wonder if it's because of her dog looks? or her giant figure? or her annoying personality?" yena tease her best friend. "is that suppose to be a compliment or a diss?"

"did you accept any of those confessions?" yena being the busy body person, she asks yujin not removing her glance of her.

"no, I reject all of them. I love someone else." both yena and eunbi look at each other with a smirk of their face. "thought so."

am I the only person who doesn't know who does my best friend love? who is that lucky person who caught the great Ahn yujin's attention?

"What kind of reaction is that," yujin shout in disbelief. "oh, come on. we all know who do you like," eunbi was the one who said. "its minju, right?" yuri said while holding all the posters.

"You idiot. there's no way it's her," yujin storm out of the classroom. weird? "you're such an idiot," yena grab her arm. "I'll smash your glasses into pieces. what were you thinking?" eunbi squeeze yuri's face hard.

is it true though? does yujin really love me this entire time? am I an idiot for not noticing it earlier? she must have been hurt all this time.

I'm sorry yujin but I have to reject your love for me. I already love someone else. I turn to look at chaewon who smiles at me sweetly.

yea, I really do love her. so much that I would go through all this pain. take a bullet straight through my brain for her. I guess I would even die for her. 

Yujin's POV

yuri you idiot, why would you expose who I love in front of her. after I storm out of the class due to embarrassment, I ran to the rooftop immediately. I'm scared to face minju. I'm scared that I would ruin our friendship together.

"sorry, yujinie.... but we're on minju's side," eunbi as the leader said with sorry to the youngest. "I'm sorry... we can't help you with this," yena look at the ground.

"it's cool. I'm fine," I rest my arms on the rail facing towards them with a smile on my face. lies. I'm not fine and I'll never be fine.

it's hard to see the one you love in love with someone else that isn't you. I guess we really aren't meant for each other.

"you don't mind if minjoo start dating chaewon?" yena ask worriedly. "nope. I'll be happy if they do." "then we'll encourage minjoo and chaewon with all we got."

"If you say you'll help out, I'll take you at your word you know," eunbi said seriously. "I know I don't have a shot. besides, I'm on minju and chaewon's side too." "you're a fool." that's the last thing I heard from eunbi before she walks away from the rooftop.

I hope chaewon can treat you better than me. I guess chaewon is the only person who can make you smile differently like you used to. the impact chaewon has on you is indescribable.

don't worry, minju. these feelings I have for you will go soon. I'll move on if it meant for you to be happy. even if it meant for me to let go of you to someone else's arms.

I love you minjoo but...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

letting go of the one you love is the best thing to do. I want you to be happy. I love you.