Trouble From Your Lips

Colby

I couldn't help but keep my eyes on that girl practically all night. I wanted her.

I want her on me.

LA chicks weren't really my thing, I didn't have intentions of dating or getting serious with anyone. They were all fake, minus a few.

But not Salem, her vibe was... different ?
Maybe it's the alcohol and pot crossfade talking

I don't want to say I'm drawn to her, because that sounds cliche but I was dying to sweet talk her. Of course I don't expect to hookup, but I needed her pressed against me.

How am I so attracted to a stranger?

So without thinking, I walk over to where she was standing with my group of friends.

"Colbiana, where have you been?", Sam drunkenly throws an arm around my shoulder, losing his balance.

But before I can get a grip on his arm, he's already falling into Salem spilling his drink on her shirt. We both grab him onto him, as he slurs a bunch of apologies.

"It's okay, Sam. I'm probably gonna head home, anyway, I need to change."

My eyes snap up to look at her, "I can give you a hoodie or shirt, no need to leave this early."

Smooth, Colby.

She nervously swallows, making me smirk at the short girl. I know everyone is watching our little stare off and wondering what I'm doing. They know I don't bother flirting with girls.

"Here let's move him to the couch with his girlfriend, then we can head upstairs.", we both carry my almost passed out best friend, mainly me, to the couch. Sam practically towered her, so she had to of been struggling.

Don't be weird, just grab a hoodie and make conversation.

Salem

"I'll be back.", I mouth to Rose as I move across the living room floor, trying to keep up with Colby.

Holy fuck, I'm about to be in the most attractive guys room. alone. just him and I. Rose won't be here to save me if things get awkward.

"You have a nice place."

A small laughs falls from his mouth and I can't help but smile. His laugh is contagious.

"Thanks."

He opens the last bedroom door on the right, letting me walk in first. Our arms briefly touch as I pass by making the hairs on my neck stand up.

You could just kiss him right here, nobody is around.

The door closes, snapping me out of my thoughts, and I do a quick look around the room. Sticky notes covered all but one all, some missing from what i would assume falling down.

"It was a prank, Sam, the guy who fell on you did it during our prank wars."

prank wars?

" What do you mean prank wars?"

They just have prank wars randomly?

"We are YouTubers, lame I know.", he turns around with two shirts in his left hand and two hoodies in his right.

" You can cut them if you want, Devyn usually does."

I hold each one in front of me as I do a different pose each article of clothing, "Which looks best?" .

I watch him slowly look me up and down, taking his lip in between his teeth.

" The striped one looks good."

So do I change here, or?

I motion for him to turn around, as I peel the wet fabric off of my skin. I throw the shirt on the ground and pull Colby's on.

"Okay, you can turn around.", my voice comes out shaky.

The vibe is different or maybe I'm drunk, but I like it. almost like sexual tension.

"When does the party end?", I ask once he doesn't say anything. He glances at the home screen of his phone, "It's only 1, but I'm hoping people start leaving soon."

oh

I grab the shirt off the ground, only to have him take it. " I'll wash it, least I could do."

I protest, but he doesn't listen as he throws it into his laundry basket.

The room fills with awkward silence, and I can't help but wonder when we will go back downstairs. I've never been good around new people, especially attractive ones.

My body sways with the beat of the music, all my muscles letting lose. Colby and I came back downstairs to find quiet a few people gone. So everyone took a few more shots and belted out to the lyrics of whatever song played through the speakers.

Rose had been dancing on Xepher basically the whole night, while I challenged Jake to multiple dance battles. Colby would join in every once in a while but then leave. Jake and I would definitely be keeping in touch, we had clicked almost instantly.

A pair of hands grab my waist and I was almost ready to swing until I hear Colby's familiar voice, "Let's dance."

and so we did, we danced for what felt like forever. His front was pressed to my back side, his hands on my waist, my arm thrown back around his neck. I was drunk and enjoying myself, he knew how to keep up with the rhythm and beat.

I was turned on to the max, I wanted to be skin to skin with him.

I turn around to face him, and he thankfully holds onto me so I couldn't fall me.

"Kiss me."

and what happens next, is a memory I'll never forget.

---------------------