No Release Date

Salem

"What do you mean he has to stay over night? He doesn't get a release date until early morning?", I growl at the rude bald headed guy on the other side of the glass. He's been a little shit since we got here, and if I could reach through that speaker hole, I would rock his jaw. There was no reason to be a fucking dick.

"Samuel Golbach will be released to you. You'll have to come back tomorrow morning, to find out if Cole will be released. I'm sorry, it's not my choice. It's all based off of his charges and attitude.", I give up and let my hands smack the cold metal arm rest.

"Cash or card?", I sneer at the guy as Jake rest his hand on my back, telling me to calm down. "Cash, preferably."

I hand him stack of bills, that consisted of multiple hundred dollar bills and twenties, before turning towards Jake. "Are we able to stay here in Florida, overnight? Like can we just get a hotel, come here early morning and get back to LA?".

"That's the plan. I'm not leaving until Colby is released. I'm gonna go outside and call their parents, don't argue with that dweeb. Wait here for Sam, okay?"

I fill out the paperwork, and make sure I will 100% be able to bail Colby out when his release date is said.

"Yes. He will have court early morning, I'd say around 7, and that will detect whether or not he's getting released. Don't worry to much though, his charges are minor. They should have never got arrested in the first place. Court will be a breeze for him."

The large metal door opens making my head snap over, ignoring whatever the guy had said.

Please be Sam, please be Sam.

my eyes stay towards the ground, and a pair of familiar vans come in view. I quickly drop my purse and engulf Sam into the highest hug ever. The police officer hands a plastic bag to me, with all of Sam's belongings and tells us we are free to leave. His head rest in my neck and his arms are tightly around my waist. I had only hugged Sam maybe once, mainly because we are usually mean to each other. But we both needed it, he was the closest thing aside from Jake that I had to Colby.

I pull away and he gives me a smile, "Did you bail me out?".

I sheepishly nod and wrap my arm around his, waving at the officer behind the glass. Being rude would only make the situation worse.

"I'll pay you back. I really appreciate it.", Jake's head turns towards us, holding the two of our duffle bags that immidiately fell. I step aside and let the two have their moment.

Jake roughly pats Sam's back mumbling how he was gonna beat their asses when we got home. I couldn't help but be upset that Colby couldn't get released today. I can only imagine what he's thinking. I've learned that Colby sits and makes himself sick, from overthinking. And I feared that for him right now. I didn't want him to ever feel unsafe, or be put in a situation that drives him mad.

"Can I use your phone to call my parents and Katrina?", Sam shyly ask me after he got done talking to Jake. I plop on the ground beside the two boys and hand over my phone.

"Our uber will be here in twenty. I'll pay for the hotel room, I just need some food and sleep. We can figure out what's gonna happen with Colby later on. He will be okay, Sa. I promise.", Jake quietly says against my shoulder.

He can't promise something he's not 100% about, but I still nod.

It was finally eleven at night, and I was exhausted, but had to wait for Jake and Sam to get back. I guess they had went for a walk or something, but I decided to stay back and use Sam's laptop to watch some YouTube videos I hadn't caught up on yet.

My phone goes off, and I grab it, seeing that Colby's mom had texted me.

IMessage

Mrs. Brock:
It's Colby's mom, I just wanted to thank you once again, before I went to bed. I really appreciate everything you and Jake are doing! You are more than welcome to come with the boys next time they are in Kansas, I would love to meet you. Keep me updated if possible, in morning.

awh, she is so sweet. but I don't think Colby and I are close enough for me to meet his parents, even tho he's literally stayed at my mom's with me.

Salem:
it's absolutely no problem, I care for him just like everyone else. I would love to meet you as well! I will text you as soon as I leave the police station in the morning. Hoping he gets out! Goodnight, I'll talk to you soon <3

"Salem, we bought you food.", Sam sing songs as he comes into my peripheral vision with a McDonald's frappe and a bag. I sit up and reach for the frozen coffee, smiling as it goes down my throat.

I love coffee.. so much.

"We are leaving here at 6:30. I have to get money off my card because I couldn't find an ATM.", Sam mumbles into the pillow of the bed that him and Jake are sharing.

I shake him off with my hand, "I already pulled plenty of cash from the bank before we left LA."

----------------