I'm Ready

Third Person

another night, another basic LA party. The group had constantly asked themselves why they didn't just stay home and party together, but pushed the thoughts away any how, and carried on. It was just more memories that they would be making, so who would really complain.

Colby had been staring at the already drunken girl, who had her head thrown back in a fit of giggles. Tara, Kat, Salem, and Andrea were all laughing at their probably horrible drunk jokes. But that same burning, twisting sensation erupted in his stomach as he watched and couldn't help but smile, even if he didn't know what was going on. He trully was in love with Salem, he just didn't know how to tell her. He was ready to tell everyone in the world that he had finally found out what being happy was like, and he wanted everyone to know who was the source of that emotion.

Sam had watched his best friend of 7+ years, slowly fall in more. He couldn't remember how many times he had told Cole that it was destined to happen. That no matter what he did, he couldn't ignore the feeling and he couldn't fight love. Sam didn't realize how thankful he was to have Salem in all their lives, until he seen the smile that permanently stayed on Cole's face when she was around. He thought he was losing Colby for the longest time, the depression was taking his best friend and he had no way of stopping it, until Salem appeared. Of course, Salem wasn't some god who could just heal pain and take away depression, but she was a woman of many, many wonders. Sam, Jake, Corey, Cole's parents, none of them could even get as close to Cole like Salem did. Colby had finally found happiness, not that Sam didn't make him happy, but this was different. Sam didn't even know if him and Katrina were gonna last forever, let alone Colby and Salem. but something told him Colby and Salem had something not most people in life get to experience, something him and kat would never even remotely get close to. and that was okay. because his brother, best friend, forever soulmate, partner in crime, and colleague, had finally experienced love and happiness. and for that, he couldn't be anymore greatful.

"Go talk to her dude, you are smiling like a mad man.", Sam teased Colby. Jake pointed out Cole's now reddened neck and face, earning a small punch to the shoulder. But Colby listened anyway, and made his way over to her, immidiately grabbing onto her waist. Whatever he had been previously drinking, made his emotions go crazy. For whatever reason, he just wanted to remind her that he really did love her and appreciated her. But there was still something holding him back from saying that he was in love with her. Maybe the fact that this isn't exactly the best place to say something like that, or maybe it was fear. Fear that she didn't love him the way he loves her. Fear that she wasn't in love with him, that she only loves him. That's why relationships are scary, one persons emotions grow stronger than the other.

But he did know that she would die for him, like he would die for her. She does love him, everyone could see it. She was in love with him, she just couldn't say it. once you say those five words, its over. Its officially real and there's no going back. Neither of them wanted to lose each other, but neither of them knew that they were both fighting the same battle in their head.

"You okay?", Salem had quietly murmured when Cole laid his head on her shoulder, pressing a small kiss of appreciation on her bare shoulder. His throat was tight and dry, so he just hummed letting her know that all is well. Better than well actually, everything was great. except for the fact that he's a pussy, and scared of how he feels.

so he says something that he can't take back in the moment, "Can we talk outside for a minute?  Maybe get some fresh air?"