We Do...But Friends Dont

Colby

The whole no feelings thing was inevitable, I could tell I had hurt Salem when I kissed this chick. But she kissed Xepher and it had pissed me off to no end.

Devyn shakes her head at me, and I knew I fucked up. Of course she knew, we weren't the best at hiding our sexual attraction for each other, and I know it was clear that I had started gaining feelings the past month.

"You really think you'll keep up with the deal, because I don't. Somebody is gonna get hurt. You said it yourself, she was different from any girl you've ever met." , Sam's words played through my mind. Salem and I swore we wouldn't tell anyone, but Sam knew me better than that. Everyone knew I didn't let girls sleep in my bed, be on my phone, be in videos. I refused to even stay the night with a girl, in fear I would fall for one. But I allowed Salem to do all that.

"She's different bro. We are to fucked in the head for commitment, she said it herself. I can control my feelings if there even is any. Its just a harmless friends with benefits, she helps me I help her."

Sam shakes his head.

" That's wrong bro. You can't fight love your whole life, all because of one dead relationship. You think I believe it when you say you're going to the gym, and then don't come home till the next day? You spend your free time with her, I know you guys don't fuck the whole time. You were quick to agree, when I said invite her to my birthday party. That's not friendly, Cole."

I started to get mad at his words. My hands were beginning to swear, and my leg was shaking. He was right, this is a stupid deal. We do more than friend shit. Friends with benefits don't leave town together just to sit at the overview. Fuck buddies don't sleep over.

We do, but friends don't.

"I'm sorry, I have to go.", I hand the girl a twenty for our drinks and head outside after Salem.

We had to talk, jealousy wasn't in the deal at all.

I watch the short girl climb into my red Corolla, and I silently thanked god. She knew I would follow her.

I get into the driver seat but only get cut off when I try to talk, "Just take me home, Cole. The deal was stupid."

fuck... fuck!

-----------

" we need to talk, Sa.", I follow behind her as she stomps her way through the apartment.

" There is nothing to talk about, go home."

Ouch.

I grab her arm in attempt to turn her around, and quickly push my lips to hers. I needed her to be quiet for just a few minutes due to the headache she was giving me. Salem was a pain in my ass, but i liked it. I like girls who acted harder than what they were, and seeing her mad turned me on.

"Somebody is gonna get hurt.", she quietly mumbles. The hurt in her voice almost killed me. I pull away and hold her face in my hands.

Her eyes were closed, pressing her cheek into the palm of my hand as I run the pad of the thumb over her skin. She was breathtaking. Her many freckles were still noticeable under the makeup.

I should've known I couldn't keep up with the deal. I wasn't ready to date, and a month wasn't long enough to catch hardcore feelings. But there was something more between us. She had turned into my rock, getaway, and best friend in such a short time.

"Tell me you feel it.", my voice comes out barely a whisper and she glances at me through her long lashes.

"Of course I do, we fucked up Cole. We can't fight the inevitable."

I blink away the tears that burned at my waterline, I didn't even know why I wanted to cry. She makes me soft.

"So let it happen, we can take our time. I don't want to lose what we have."

She doesn't answer. Her hand runs through my hair and subconsciously my head tilts back at the feeling.

"God Cole, look at us. Arguing over us kissing other people."

I couldn't deal with the sad shit any longer, so I press my thumb into her hip bone knowing she's ticklish.

Her face hardens and she takes a step back, raising her hands in case I tried again.

"Don't, Colby. I'll fuck you up!"

she wouldn't, she's not strong enough.

We both sit on the couch in silence, listening to each other's quiet breathing while scrolling through Instagram.

I wonder if she watched fan edits of us, like I do.

"I'm ordering post mates, what do you want?"

I raise my eyebrows at her, she knew I always said Tender Greens or chipotle.

"Andrea is coming over, I hope you don't mind. I promised I would help with a video, after the club."

she's gonna let me stay here while her friend is over? that's not like Salem, she was always quick to keep us a secret. What would it look like if someone found us hanging out alone?

I rest my feet at the end of the couch, and lay my head on her lap, "she's cool, that's fine."

Salem looked taken back at first, that I laid my head in her lap. But nonetheless, she tangles her hand in my hair and continues typing on her phone.

I watch her nose crinkle as she laughs at something on her phone and couldn't help but notice the feeling my stomach got. I love her laugh, happiness looks good on her.

"staring is rude.", a cocky smirk plays at her lips and I can't help but mock her back.

Salem slaps her manicured hand on my chest and I softly tug at it, bringing her down so I could kiss her.

It was a soft kiss, a moment we've never shared. This was our first kiss, that didn't involve sex. I never kissed her on a regular basis, only in the bedroom.

and I don't regret it at all.

-----------------