You Came

Salem

"I'm fucking tired dude.", Jake yawns as we walk down the street, his arms over his chest. I agreed with him, as I hugged the oversized jacket closer to my body. It smelt like Colby, probably because I stole it from him a few days ago. The sky was dark and gray, the wind smacking us all in the face every few seconds.

The jail was in sight at this point, and if it started raining than I was sure we would be able to book it without getting to wet.

I stop them both before going inside
You'd think it'd be easier the second time, but it's not. It's honestly worse.

"Let's go in here clear minded. I don't want us to think he's coming back home, when he might not be.", we all look at each other before accepting the fact that Cole, honestly might not be coming home with us.

"What could I help you with?", a female around her mid 20's ask. She was a little to chipper to be working this early.

"I was told last night to come here around this time, to check if Cole Brock has a bail?", she looks me up and down before letting out a snort.

oh... OH.

"Relation? We've already had plenty of fans come in here."

I look at the two confused boys behind me, before saying something I could possibly regret if she had been a fan of herself, "Fiance. Now, does he have a bail or not?"

Her eyes widen and she walks away, I'm assuming to ask another officer. Jake clamps his hand over his mouth to hold back his child like giggles and Sam stares at me wide eyed. My phone rings and I see that it's Coles mom, probably calling back since she missed my first call. I couldn't exactly anwser at the moment, in case I had to fill out paperwork.

A different officer, a male, walks up the window and tells us it'll be a minute, "In case he is getting bailed, could I leave my info here and you fill it out? This phone call is super important?"

He waves me off, saying that if he is getting released, they will only need my signature and that he will copy my information from Sam's report.

Bless.

I make my way out of the building, immidiately Calli Mrs. Brock back. I mentally cringed at the gross weather. It's to early for all of this as well, Colby is lucky I'm down for him.

"hello?"

"Hi, im at the police station now. waiting to find out if he's getting released. Sam said he would come get me if he was, so I'm free to talk for a while."

and so thats what we did, she told me stories about Colby, let out a few tears about him getting arrested, then threatened to beat his ass and I listened, laughing every so often. For such a kind hearted woman, or so I hear, she sure threatens him alot. I find it adorable though, they seem to have a really good relationship.

Jake steps outside with his hands in his hoodie pockets, and I tell her I have to go and that I would call her later if I found anything out. Once my phone is in my back pocket I step towards him, sighing quietly.

We talk for a little bit, until I heard the door open and I forcefully shut my eyes. I didn't want to hear the words come out of Sam's mouth. Jake gives me closed mouth smile to Sam behind me, but I still look at him.

"Salem?", a quiet, cracked voice whispers from behind me. I stare at Jake with wide eyes, as my hands start to shake. This can't be a prank, is he really behind me?

I slowly turn around, and there stood Colby. His clothes were wrinkled, his blue eyes were dull, lifeless... bloodshot. the bags under his eyes worse than usual. He looked... out of it.

I throw myself at him, causing Jake to let out a small laugh and I can't even stop the tears. I didn't think I missed him yet, I thought I was just scared. But I did, I missed him so much and if felt so good to be able to hold him.

"I can't believe you came and bailed me out.", he whispers as he sway back and forth. My grip tightened on him, but I didn't say anything. I couldn't. I didn't want him saying anything either, I just wanted to forget this all happenend. I didn't care about how much money I had spent on Sam and Colby. I just needed them back, we all needed them back. Jake offered to help pay, but I refused.

Cole pulls away slowly and holds my face in his hands, forcing me to meet eyes with his own. The pad of his thumb wipes under my eyes, before he slowly starts leaning in.

"God, I missed you. I was so scared I would never see you again.", I ignore his dramatic comment and press my lips to his. I'd always find a way to see him, even if he was in prison. I'd literally find a way. I will always find my way back to him, whether we are friends or together.

Jake and Sam were probably surprised at the fact that we kissed in front of them, since we've kept it to ourselves from the beginning, but I really didn't care, clearly he doesn't either.

He pulls away, but not without placing a chaste kiss against my lips again, and smiles at me. his arm goes out for the boys to come join us in a group hug, and soon we are all standing outside of the jail under the sprinkles of rain, hugging each other.

I flutter my eyes open at the boy I had begun falling for and shyly smile at him. He was gorgeous, god.

"Let's get back to the hotel, our flight isnt until tonight. You need a shower, brother." 

---------------