PROLOGUE Today, it all ends. . .

Written by Torn

ABOUT ME ( kung curious ka )

I am a CPA Lawyer wannabe who's getting sick of numbers and laws and I just want to take a break from reality but afraid daydreaming might become a habit so I decided to share my fantasies.

Note:

Ang mga magaganap sa kwentong ito ay gawa-gawa ko lamang, anumang pagkakatulad sa mga tunay na tao at pangyayari ay nagkataon lang.

Saya, lungkot, tawa, iyak, kilig at kiri.

Mixed emotions in writing this, and I hope you get all of that. Read on. . .

PROLOGUE

"Can I have your attention please."

The guests quickly turn to the stage where I'm standing trying to get their attention which I did as they left whatever they doing, or rather, whomever they talking to. Well it's not hard at all coz I'm in a microphone notwithstanding that this is my party so they better listen to their host. Well, it's not exactly my party, our party.. that would be the right words to describe, but I'm gonna steal the show for myself, besides, I am the bride-to-be, I'm the star of the night anyway.

A bottle of vodka prior to party and 5 glasses of wine I just drink, is enough to give me strenght to put into words what is hounding me all these years, that if I don't express it now I'll just explode.

I have all the attention now and with unusual determination and additional skin layer provided by the liquor, I start.

"15 years ago, I dreamed of being a bride, the man I'm going marry.. and what would I wear on that fateful day. Actually, I made a design of my wedding dress, and I even framed it, but it was hidden and I vowed to get it only if I ever have to make it for real. I promised to wear it if the man who would be waiting at the end of the aisle is the one I've always dreamed of." As I scan my audience, they seem curious to the story I am sharing, but it's something they wouldn't like.

"For 15 years I believe I would be wearing it on my wedding but I was wrong." I glance again at my guests which composed mostly of our family and friends, and I can see that they are confused now on where am I going with this.

I look at my fiance and I sense that he knows what I'm talking about. "Thank you for loving me..I will marry you.. but I have to say this." The way he looks at me I know that he totally understands and I am sorry for not considering his feelings.

I turn my gaze to my left where he is standing unable to look at me in the eyes. I know he knew that I love him and I know that he feels the same way which makes it unbearable for me not to find an answer as to why we can't just be together.

"That person I dreamed of marrying 15 years ago is still the one I'm wishing to be with forever. I may be insane and desperate but this is the last chance I have." I had all the chance back then but I was afraid to lose the only thing that binds us together.

"I know it's impossible because he has someone he loves now and I'm marrying another man but still I want an answer, I don't want to live the rest of my life asking.. what if I told him my feelings and risk everything.. what if I didn't wait until this moment.. what if we're not bestfriends!"

All eyes on him now but I don't care, all I care is to end this fear that stalking me all these years. I knew that he has deep feelings for me but I was afraid to ask because he might reject me and we can't even stay as friends.

"Today, it all ends and I'm ready for the answer!"

I know I've got a little too far and I'm almost frantic now, I can hear everyone whispering at each other, commenting on the scene before them.

I ruined everything.

My fiance has gone without me noticing.

His mother is losing her control and I'm lucky she's being restrained by her husband.

My father is giving me that sternly stare I'm used to see.

Everyone's not with me except perhaps my bff crying while she's cheering me on.

I fix my eyes on him waiting for an answer but he seems lost while his fiancee is glaring at him. Then subtly, slowly, he looks at me in the eyes and for a moment I thought I saw love in there, but those eyes were the same eyes that beguiled for 15 years.

It's hard to wait,

tornbetweennolovers

P.S.

Tagalog po ito na romantic comedy trip ko lang englisin ang prologue kahit mali mali yata haha :)