Chapter 21- TRULY, MADLY, DEEPLY

(Audrey POV)

"Do you like it?" I asked Louis nervously as he prances around the bedroom's balcony of the main house. Zayn and Perrie already disappeared in one of the chalets, leaving us in our own little world.  Loe fell asleep as soon as we entered the house.

"Are you kidding me?This is like heaven on earth!" He replied excitedly, all giddy from his island tour. 

I walked out the glass doors  to join him.  I stared into the endless turquoise ocean and let the sound waves calm my nerves.  I was a little jittery a while ago because I am not sure if he will love what I have done for him.  This place has always been a sanctuary for me.  I love how the sound of the waves breAks the deafening silent melody around me or even the  faint saltiness that taints the seabreeze.  The sky is a bright azure up above making today even more perfect.

I closed my eyes, thinking how surreal this is; of how many times I have imagined Louis to be here with me before.

The beach has always been a magical place for Louis and me.  It was in an island in Hongkong where I first realized that I love him; the night when we first made love.  It was also in a beach in Seychelles where we met again and realized that we still love each other.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I uttered, my eyes still closed, enjoying every moment of this magnificent time.

"Beautiful indeed." Louis remarked with his magnificent voice.  In fact, the most beautiful creature that ever walked on earth." I opened my eyes and found him staring at me, his endless deep blue orbs smoldering with fire and send me into a chasm of intangible emotions.  I still turn bloody scarlet whenever he looks at me like this.

He brushed my crimson cheeks, obviously flattered by my reaction to his words.  His face brightened by his trademark grin.  The love I have for this man is something I have no control over.  I just dove right into the pit of dark abyss, oblivious to what's awaiting beyond me.

He enveloped me in his arms and kisses my hair.  "You smell so sweet."

"Thank you for making my birthday really special."  He tucked a strand of hair under my ears. "How long did you prepare for this?"

I placed my heAd on his chest, feeling safe and secured in his arms.  "I have started this when we first got back together.  I know that you love what you are doing and your fans too. But I also know that you've always valued your privacy even before you joined x-factor."

I looked up to him, " So I thought since I had this as my sanctuary for so long, it will be great if it becomes your hideaway too.  I used to camp here alone before we met and it never failed to calm me."

"It was hard for me to continue this project when you left me the second time but somehow, it seemed like I couldn't just give it up.  Maybe it was my heart's way of saying that it would never give up on you even though my mind was instructing me to forget you."

"I can never say thank you enough for all of this,love." Louis remarked, "I feel like I am the luckiest person to be loved by such an amazing woman like you.  I mean, look at me, apart from  being One Direction, what else can I offer you?  I'm like the underdog , the court jester, who fell in love with the princess."

"Shhhh, I am your princess, Lou and you are my prince.  You are already my star long before you became the big star that you are now." I hushed his insecurities away by placing a kiss on his soft lips.

I pulled out a blue box from my pocket.  Inside are two identical rings. I looked nervously at him, hoping that he wouldn't misunderstand things and think that I am rushing him to do something.  It is just that lately, he had been filled with all these irrelevant insecurities.  I want to assure him that I have no plans of leaving him.