Three Witnesses

"Where the fuck is Nick?" Louis asked the boys who were sitting in the bus. They weren't able to leave to go to the next stop until Nick was back on the bus.
         "I don't know...but I'm starting to get worried" Madison said knowing Nick wasn't with them after the show.
         "We should call the police!" Mikey said taking out his phone.
          "I'll call Nick and find out what happened. It could've been a fan who passed out or Nick or even Hails. So let me call him" Louis said as he dialed Nick's number. The phone rang twice and the boy picked up.
         "Hey Louis, what's up?" Nick asked, acting like everything was completely normal.
          "What's up?!? Bro where are you?! Are you okay?! We're all worried about you!" Louis said, a bit of panic in his voice as he bit his lip.
          "Yeah I'm just at Brandon's crib" the brown haired boy said, not wanting to admit the full truth.
          "Aight but what was up with the ambulance?" the younger boy asked and Nick let out a sigh.
          "Zion showed up to the show, attacked me, I fought back, now he's in the hospital" Nick said and ran his fingers through his hair nervously.
          "ARE YOU OKAY BRO?!" Louis asked standing up becoming anxious for his friend.
           "I'm fine... my nose might be broken but it's chill" the older boy said. After the phone call, Mikey decided it was best to call the police on Zion.
         Meanwhile, Hailey and Zion were in the hospital bed catching up. The girl cupped the boy's face and teared up.
         "You look horrible, no offense... your eye is swollen..." Hailey said and ran her hand down his chest. "You-" the door opened cutting off Hailey's sentence.
         "Caleb Zion Kuwonu you're under arrest for assaulting Nicholas Carter Mara" the police officer said and Hailey jolted up.
         "Um, sir, I don't want to be disrespectful but... h-he just got out of surgery... can he-" the police officer reassured the girl.
         "Mam, we're not going to arrest him right now. We're just telling him, we can't just arrest him when he just got out of surgery. But we will have an officer stand outside of his door" the police officer informed.
         Hailey nodded and looked at Zion who was freaking out. She rubbed his shoulder to try and soothe him.
         "We'll get you a lawyer if needed" the police said before leaving.
         "I can't go to jail! Hailey I can't! I still have my whole life ahead of me. FUCKING HELL!" Zion yelled and pulled at his dreads. Hailey took his hand in hers and looked into his eyes.
         "Zion, breathe... you can't have your heart rate go up again. You need to relax, please" Hailey said softly, cupping the boy's cheek.
         "But Hailey... I don't want to go to jail! I-I-I" the boy stuttered out, his eyes watered. "H-how can I-I calm down?" Zion asked and Hailey placed a kiss onto his cheek.
          "Like that" Hailey said and the boy sighed softly at the touch.
          "Can you just pepper me with kisses and cuddle me?" the dreaded haired boy asked.
          "Yeah" the blonde said placing kisses all over his face. She kissed his cheeks, his nose, and then his forehead. The girl stared at his lips and wanted to kiss him but she knew she couldn't.
        "Don't..." Zion said and the girl nodded. She laid her head onto the boy's chest and let out a sigh.
         "It hurts to love you" Hailey said and the boy nodded.
         "I know" Zion said softly, and held her hand in his. "But the good thing is, we can love each other even though it won't get anywhere" the dreaded haired boy said. The girl nodded her head and closed her eyes for a moment. She hates to admit it, but she missed being in Zion's embrace sometimes.
           Hailey remained quiet and just took in the moment. Zion was still worried about when he gets out of the hospital, he's going straight to court and or jail.
           "It'll be okay" the blonde said feeling Zion's nervousness. 
           "Will it?" Zion asked nervously and Hailey nodded slowly, not really believing herself.
          A week later court was held. Hailey was outside of the courtroom as Nick was talking to his lawyer. His lawyer walked in, and the boy looked at the girl. Nick started to walk towards the girl who backed away from him.
        "Stay t-there" the girl said softly becoming scared of the boy. She hasn't talked to the Nick since Zion and him got into that fight.
         "D-don't tell me th-that you're scared of me. Babe, I would never hurt you" Nick said, his eyes starting to gloss over.
          "N-Nick I-I don't know... you basically almost killed Z. He did not do anything that bad, but fuck... I've just come to a decision that we need to break up" Hailey said, her eyes starting to water.
        "N-no don't no no. Hails no baby no!" Nick pleaded, and walked towards her.
         "S-STAY AWAY FROM ME! WE'RE OVER NICK!" Hailey yelled, putting her hands up so he couldn't come towards her. "You'll probably go to j-jail anyways s-so like... I can't be with you anymore..." the girl said as her brown eyes filled with tears.
          "You really are breaking up with me right now? Before I'm fucking going to court? I can't believe this..." the brown haired boy said with a sigh. "Fine then, we're done Hails" the boy said walking into the courtroom.
          Hailey let out a sigh and saw Zion walk in with his lawyer. She smiled softly at him, and he smiled back.
          Court was about to start and the officer said what the court will be dealing with today.
         "All rise" the police officer said and then said what the battle was. "Today Nicholas Mara is filing a lawsuit on Caleb Kuwonu for assaulting him after a concert" the police said.
        Everyone took their seats, and spots. Hailey was nervous to explain her witness stand, but she had to. Ashley, Brandon, and Hailey were all witnesses for this event.
         "The first witness please take the stand" the judge said and Brandon walked up to the stand.
         "Please state your full name" the officer said, and the boy gulped.
         "Brandon Michael Lee Arraega" the black haired boy said. He said the pledge to be honest, and started his stand on the situation.
         "So this is how it went down. Nick was chillen backstage, with me, Ashley, Hailey and Zion. Nick and Hailey were trying to make up, because you see, they're a couple. Anyways, Zion just charged at Nick and pushed him against a wall. Then started punching the shit outta Nick. Nick decided to, ya know, use self denfense. Nick took it a bit too far, and Zion passed out. That's basically it" Brandon said completing his witness statement.
       The judge excused the black haired boy who then walked down to where he was sitting previously. Next Ashley was up to take the stand.
          "Ashley Elizabeth Perez" Ashley said before starting her witness statement. "Hailey called me to bring her backstage. Nick and Brandon were talking among themselves. Then Hailey walked in with Zion and I. Everything was going well, and Nick and Hailey were making up. Long story short, they were in a fight in their relationship" Ashley said before continuing on with her point.
        "Then after that, Nick and Hailey were embranced in a hug when all of sudden Zion came out of no where and charged at Nick. He pinned Nick to the wall and started to punch him. Nick then started to fight back, they ended up on the floor and Nick was contiunuly beating Zion up. Then Hailey realized it was going too far and grabbed Nick so he would get off of Zion. Then Zion stood up and passed out" Ashley said concluding her statement.
       "Thank you for your statement" the officer said, and Ashley left the stand. Hailey started to get anxious as she knew that it was her turn. She walked up to the stand and said her full name.
       "Hailey Allison Smith" Hailey said into the microphone. The girl started to sweat due to how she hated talking in front of people. She looked at Zion and then looked at Nick. The girl let out a shaky breath before starting her stance.
       "When I um, I uh... sorry" the blonde said her nerves getting the best of her. "I was backstage hugging Nick, and like I guess Nick looked at Zion in a weird way. I guess that made Zion get angry and attack Nick?" the girl said, but asked out.
       "Have you dated my client before?" Zion's lawyer asked the girl. The dreaded haired boy shook his head in disbelief of his ex.
       "Yes" Hailey said, and the lawyer contiuned.
       "And you were the one who pulled Nick off my client, correct?" the lawyer asked, and Hailey nodded. "Why didn't you stop the fight before it got out of hand?" the lawyer dug deeper into Hailey's mindset.
       "That is a reach your honor" Nick's lawyer said, backing up Hailey.
       "Dismissed" the judge said, and Zion's lawyer let out a sigh.
       "You believe the gave plaintiff gave my client a dirty look which got arise out of him?" the lawyer asked Hailey who was still on the stand.
        "Yes" the blonde said, and looked over to Nick.
        Nick shook his head and mouthed to the girl, "stop take a side". Hailey nodded at the boy and turned her attention to Zion. The dreaded haired boy looked at the girl.
        "be honest Hails" Zion mouthed to the girl, not wanting her to get in trouble for lying.
         "One more question... do you believe that my client deserves to go to jail?" Zion's lawyer asked, and Hailey went with her gut feeling
         "I believe they both should... I-I mean, Nick did a-almost kill Zion" the blonde said, and the judge looked over to the girl. Nick's jaw dropped at Hailey's statment, while Zion's eye widened in complete shock.
        When court went on a break to discuss the decision Hailey sat down away from everyone. She felt guilty for lying, but she was just trying to protect both of them. She loves Nick and she still loves Zion.
        "Hails..." Nick said, looking back to the girl who was sitting far away from the others. Hailey walked over to him, and averted her eyes. "Look at me please" the boy said, and the girl looked at him.
       "I-I'm sorry Nick, I freaked out. I got nervous I-I hate being put o-on the spot" Hailey said, her eyes starting to tear up. Nick cupped the girl's cheek, and smiled softly at her. Hailey closed her eyes still scared of the boy, but wanted to take in his touch.
         "Bab-fuck, Hails, it's okay. That was tough being up there, never mind trying to defend your ex and boy- not anymore... both ex's I guess-all in one case" Nick said and his lawyer patted his back.
         "You can still drop the charges and neither of you will go to jail, or you can have Zion go to jail since it was self defense. Another possibility is you both go to jail. But it all comes down to what the judge believes" Nick's lawyer informed the boy who nodded.
         The judge walked back in and stood at the top. He looked at Nick, and back to Zion.
         "The court has come to a decision that the defendant is guilty, and will be in jail for 5-10 months. As for the plaintiff, he will go to jail for 5-10 years. Court is dismissed" the judge said hitting the hammer once and walked off the stand.
        Hailey ran over to Zion who was getting handcuffed by the police.
        "C-can I talk to him before he gets put into a-a cell?" Hailey asked the officer who nodded. "I'll bail you out if I need to" the blonde said and Zion shook his head.
         "Don't waste your money on me. It's only 5-10 months, I'll be fine" Zion said, acting tough while in reality he was nervous.
        "Okay..." Hailey said and wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him. "Stay safe okay?" the blonde asked as she pulled away.
         "Will do" Zion said and the cop moved him to the back of the courtroom. Hailey's eyes watered and she saw Nick was next to get handcuffed.
         "Can I say one last thing to my ex?" Nick asked the officer.
         "Who is your ex?" the officer asked and the brown haired boy nodded to the blonde who was crying.
         "Yes. Make it quick" the officer said as they walked over to Hailey.
         "Hails" Nick said, and Hailey looked up at him. Her eyes were bloodshot from crying, and she was shaking. "I love you, please don't forget that. I'm sorry this all got taken too far. I wanted a future with you Hailey. I really did" the brown haired boy said, only making Hailey cry harder.
       "N-Nick" Hailey stuttered out and the boy's eyes watered as well.
        "I-I wanted to marry you, Hailey. And all of this shit happened FOR WHAT REASON?!" Nick yelled making Hailey jump back.
        "That's enough" the officer said and pulled Nick away from Hailey and walked him towards the back of the courtroom as well.
        Hailey wiped her tears and couldn't believe what just had happened. Both of her ex's are now in jail. But now she had some time to think of who she should really be with.