Unwanted Memories

Riley found getting 4 stitches courtesy of Tommy was as painful as she feared. She had whined, kicked and even pretended she was about to cry but Tommy was having none of it. He had said she only had herself to blame and unless she wanted an infection, she should stop being a baby and let him get on with it. Needless to say she had after he had threaten to get Aunt Pol to do it. The woman would of made it even more painful just to teach her a lesson, Riley thought as she shuddered. Currently, Riley was walking to the Garrison with her brothers. She had begged Tommy to let her have a drink, saying it was to help with the pain but her and Tommy both knew she just wanted a drink, plain and simple.

Riley was shocked as she entered the Garrison pub to see a new pretty barmaid singing whilst the men copied her. All heads turned away as the men peered into their beer and stopped singing upon noticing their arrival. However, to Riley's surprise the barmaid continued to sing even as the pianist stopped playing. Riley peered at Tommy to gage his reaction to this. She was intrigued as she noticed that his eyes were shaded. To everyone else he appeared to be expressionless but Riley knew him better than anyone. She could tell he was silently admiring the pretty woman who was standing up against a Shelby. Even a small part of Riley admired her for that, as not many outside of the family would. Finally the song finished and Harry, the pubs owner, spoke up.
"We haven't had singing in here since the war."
Tommy glared up at Harry.
"Why do you think that is?"
Tommy then swiftly entered our private snug bar whilst we followed, leaving the door to slam behind us.

Sitting down John grinned.
"Bloody hell Tommy, that barmaid was quite the sight eh?"
Riley sat down next to him and Arthur. Tommy remained silent as he lit a cigarette. Arthur pats Tommy's shoulder. "Bet she's quite the sight in bed too." John laughed with her oldest brother. Riley rolled her eyes. Men, she thought disgusted. Riley smirked at Tommy as she decided to tease him.
"I saw the way you looked at her Tommy. You like her don't you?"
Meeting his sisters eyes Tommy smirked. "What look?"
Riley rolled her eyes yet again as she remained silent. She knew he wasn't going to admit anything to her about it. Arthur stood heading towards the door. "Tommy what do you want?"
"Whiskey"
"Riley?" Arthur asked.
"Same as Tommy."
"Should of guessed that." He mumbled. Riley frowned at him. "Whats that supposed to mean?"
"Sweetheart, If Tommy jumped off a bridge,you would follow him."
"That's true." John chuckled.
"Sure Arthur." Riley replied sarcastically.
I would not, she thought embarrassed. Riley didn't miss the small smile Tommy had as he took a smoke.

After an hour had passed full of teasing and laughing, Riley had only been allowed 2 glassses of whiskey. Craving another Riley asked Tommy, "Go on Tommy just one more drink please?"
John put his arm round Riley joining her. "Yeah Tommy. She's injured. Let the girl live a little."
He shook his head at his two siblings, who were ganging up on him. Tommy pointed his finger at Riley, "Fine. One more. And only one." Smiling Riley kissed Tommy's cheek as she left the snug. "Thank you!" Tommy shouted after her. "I mean it Riley just one!"

Riley asked Harry for 4 more glasses of whiskey as she leant against it. She noticed the blonde barmaid watched her with burning eyes. "Can I help you?"
She bluntly asked the barmaid. Looking startled the blonde shook her head. "Sorry.I'm Grace. I'm just surprised Harry is serving someone as young as you is all."
Riley raised a brow at the nosey barmaid as she decided to ignore her. Being so focused on Grace, Riley had failed to notice the obviously intoxicated man who had creeped up behind her. She felt hands grip her waist as his disgusting breath whispered in her ear. "Aren't you a pretty little thing darling. Why don't you come with me and I'll show you a good time." Riley froze. She felt bile rise in her throat as unwanted memories arose.
'Darling' it whispered in her head.
Riley squeezed her eyes shut as she felt her breathing pick up. Flashes of a faceless man, calloused hands and a holy cross entered her mind as the drunk continued to breath down her neck. "Darling, get on your knees." it whispered again.
Riley snapped her eyes open as she felt a wet kiss land her neck. "NOOOO!" She screamed as she pushed the digusting man off of her, causing him to fall to the floor as adreline rushed through her veins. Her gut wrenching scream caused the whole pub to silence as people turned to her wondering what had happened. Suddenly, the private snug where her brothers were slammed open. Wide eyed and breath heavy, she made eye contact with Tommy for a split second before she launched herself out the pub and everyone's questioning eyes.

"What happened."Tommy demanded. Looking shocked Grace stuttered "She.. She freaked out. That man was harassing her and she just....." The Shelby brothers didn't need to hear anymore as they turned their sharp gazes to the drunken man. Raged erupted in them.
"Arthur, John." Tommy tightly said before running out of the Garrison and after his little sister. He knew he didn't need to say anymore for them to know what he wanted them to do to the man.

Riley leant against the wall of an alley after she threw up. She still felt sick after the wretched man had awoken memories she had spent years trying to repress. Memories that still haunted her nightmares and which she had never told a soul about. Closing her eyes whilst taking deep breaths Riley repeatedly told herself "It's not real, it's not real. He's gone." Hearing someone approaching, Riley opened her eyes panicked.
"Riley!"
It was Tommy. He grabbed a hold of her shoulders trying to get her to meet his gaze. "Are you ok? What happened ?!"
Not being able to talk properly as she was gasping for air she blurted "I'm Fine."
Tommy frowned "You don't look fine."
Finally meeting his gaze Riley was hit with Tommy's concerned and soft eyes.
"Then stop looking."
Tommy grabbed her face gently.
"Did he touch you?"
Riley remained silent. Frustrated Tommy said "Riley what's wrong? Something must of happened for you to scream like that.You nearly gave me a heart attack once I realised it was you. You sounded terrified."
Feeling embarrassed after having everyone witness her react like that Riley mumbled.
"He just had his hands on my waist and... kissed my neck. I didn't .... I just reacted."
Tommy frowned, he was gonna blind the man who touched his sister, he thought. Tommy wrapped his arms around her, hoping to calm her down as her breathing was still erratic.
"It's okay. You're okay now."
I'm not she thought, I haven't been for a long time.