Off The Rails

Ada was off the rails drunk. She was violently spinning as she danced with Arthur, drinking god knows what. Riley was concerned about the baby, she was quite far along and this mustn't of been good for either of them. Aunt Pol approached Tommy and Riley after they had stopped dancing to get a drink. Him, whiskey, and her, water as he said she needed to sober up. Sober up my arse, I'm barely tipsy, Riley thought as she internally rolled her eyes.
"You should tell Ada to slow down." Aunt Pol said to Tommy as we watched Ada from afar.
"You think she'll listen to me?" Tommy scoffed. "I tried to stop her but she's been drinking. She's been stuck in that little basement for weeks. What do we expect, she's going off like a firecracker. Oh, Christ, Tommy, please enough now." Aunt Pol said as Ada span around in circles. Tommy quickly stood and walked towards Ada. Riley cautiously followed, knowing Ada wouldn't take it well coming from Tommy.
"Come on. Enough." Tommy said when he reached her.
"All right, Ada, come on, have a rest, sit down." Arthur joined them in trying to get her to stop.
"Come and look, Esme. Come and look at the family you've joined. Come and look at the man who runs it. Chooses his brother's wives for them. He hunts his own sister down like a rat and he tries to kill his own brother-in-law!" Ada drunkly shouted. Riley felt herself becoming annoyed at her ranting. Riley knew she was most likely upset because Freddie wouldn't talk to her at the moment. She also knew that Tommy didn't handle Ada's marriage to Freddie or the pregnancy very well but he was trying his best. She just wished Ada would get her head out of her bratty arse and see that too.  "Ada, that's enough." Tommy said reaching for her only for her to jerk away.  "And now he won't even let me have a fucking dance! Not even at a fucking wedding!"
"Sit her down."
"Calm down, Ada."
Fuck it, I've had enough, Riley thought. She suddenly pushed past her frantic brother's and stormed up to Ada's face.
"Enough Ada!" Riley screamed.
Everyone grew quiet at the young girls obvious fury.
"Stop acting like a child and grow the fuck up! Stop blaming this family for giving a shit about you! You think your the only one with problems in this world, whose been hurt? You're not! So stop acting like a bitch and get over yourself!"
Riley could feel her family's shocked gazes burning into her face. Her breath was heavy and her eyes misty as she tried to repress her anger. Ada looked just as shocked as her family.
"Riley I...I..."
Riley sighed as she softened her tone, seeing her sisters look of guilt.
"Look this family..." Riley looked to Tommy whose face showed signs of surprise and bewilderment, "Including Tommy, care about you and this baby. And I know Tom comes ascross as a dick but he means well. We all do. So stop treating us like we're the bad guys. You're gonna be a mother soon, act like one."
Tears entered Ada eyes as she realised Riley was right. She quickly flung her arms around her little sisters smaller form.
"I'm sorry Riley."
Riley suddenly felt water hit her shoes making her eyes widen in shock and horror.
"Holy shit!" Riley and Aunt Pol ironically exclaimed in synchrony. "Water. Right !" Aunt Pol shouted as Ada took heavy breaths. Riley stepped back as her brother's moved to help Ada to the car. "Not now Ada! Bloody hell you pick your times." Arthur exclaimed as everyone rushed to the car.

Riley was gonna die. At least thats what it felt like as John drove like a fucking maniac back home.
"Slow her up. Nice and easy." Arthur said to John.
"Story of your fucking life, Arthur." John chuckled.
"I'm too young to die! John slow the fuck down!" Riley yelled at her madman of a brother. He laughed.
"Jesus Riley calm down. Look, we're here." She immediately jumped out of the car feeling her stomach roll. "Oh thank god." She muttered as she bent over praying she didn't have a repeat of earlier today.
Tommy chuckled at her dramatics.
"You okay there Riley?" Arthur teased her making everyone chuckle. Riley merely gave him the middle finger.
"Nice car, John. How's she run?" Tommy asked.
"Yeah, beautiful. Really smooth."
"Your sisters in there giving birth and you're talking about the bloody car." Aunt Pol yelled as she walked outside.
"Not much us men can do now, Pol." Tommy replied.
"Except go get drunk." Arthur adds.
"You coming in Riley?" Aunt Pol asked looking to her.
"No way. I don't do... that" Riley pulled a digusted face.Tommy chuckled and put his arm around her shoulders.
"You can come with us Riley"
"There's one man should be here." Aunt Pol reminds Tommy.
"You are right, Pol, Freddie should be here."
"Is that a heartbeat I hear inside that chest?"
"The truce lasts till sunrise. On my oath. Tell Freddie it's safe."
Riley smiled as they walked to the pub glad her niece or nephews father won't miss their birth.
"You still surprise me Tom-cat."
He side eyed her smirking.
"You're one to talk, giving Ada what for back there. Surprised you stuck up for me."
"Like I said, you care. More than you like to admit I think."
Tommy squeezed her into his side more.
"Keep that to yourself. Can't have people thinking I'm soft."
Riley smirked.
"No promises."
Tommy glared playfully as her eyes shone mischievously.
"Don't think I forgot about you calling me a dick."
Riley paled as Tommy began tickling her. She shrieked as he laughed and began to chase her down the street.
"Shit!"

Sitting in the private room of the garrison Riley managed to get away with drinking some more. It was probably because everyone was still in good spirits after the wedding and Ada giving birth.
Arthur drunkenly made a toast to the newly weds before everyone downed their drinks.
"I should go. I should go." John slurred trying to stand but swaying to much.
"It's my wedding night."
"No, you sit down." Arthur pushed him back in his seat.
"You don't want to be among the women when there's a baby coming. Have another."
The room swayed slightly as Riley observed, that everything was slow and blurry for her. However, she did see that nosey cow had entered their private room to her annoyance.
"So, do you think her husband will take the same advice and stay away?" Grace asked. Riley rolled her eyes and mumbled in protest to tell her to shut up but all that came out was a groan.
"Nah. Freddie will be there. Nothing will keep him away. Tommy's said it's all right for him to be there. Isn't that right, Tommy?" John slurs.
"That's right. I'm all heart tonight." Tommy replied. Riley layed her head on her arms losing interest in their conversation as sleep called to her.
"You know what, John boy? I think it's that lovely barmaid, that pretty barmaid that's just walked out that's made our brother go all soft." Arthur teased.
"Drinks to that."
Rileys head shot up at the mention of alcohol. "Yesss! Drinkssss!" She slurred eyes half open.
Arthur and John chuckled at her drunkenness. Tommy only shook his head amused. "Only drink you'll be having is water Riley."
Riley tried to glare at Tommy but it looked more like a pout. "Sssaysss who?"
"Says us love." Arthur chuckled.
Riley huffed but for once didn't argue. She instead layed down side ways on the seat putting her head in John's lap. "Fine but I'm going to ssleepsss then."
John didn't protest as he found it rather endearing to see her so vulnerable as it had been awhile since they'd been this close. "You do that Ri." Everyone smiled at their little sister.

Riley awoke to hear a commotion outside the room. She slowly sat up wincing at her dry mouth. Walking to the door she was greatful that she seemed to have sobered up some. Pushing the door open her eyes widened as she saw an enraged Polly try to attack Tommy with only Arthur and John to hold her back.
"But the police came and took his father away!"
Riley felt the air leave her lungs as she realised they were talking about Freddie. Poor Ada,  Aunt Pol must of thought it was Tommy who gave him up. But as Riley watched his face, she knew it wasn't him from the pure confusion, concern and panic on his face.
"Don't you DARE look at me like that! You liar!" Aunt Pol spat at him before storming out. Riley left the safety of the private room after her Aunt left. John and Arthur both gave Tommy disappointed looks before following their Aunt. Riley's eyes narrowed as they flickered to a nervous looking Grace who swiftly escaped to the back. Noticing her presence Tommy sighed giving her a baffled look. 
"Riley I didn't tell ..."
"I believe you."
Tommy deflated as he realised that at least one family member was on his side.
"I'm gonna stay at Jenny's tonight. Don't feel like being murdered by Aunt Pol for believing you."
Tommy merely nodded his head as he was to invested in who'd done it to reply. Riley softly grabbed his hand causing his eyes to snap to her concerned ones in surprise. She offered him a barely there smile to hopefully reassure him.
"They'll come round."
Tommy once more nodded his head, giving her hand a squeeze, feeling his chest warm at her evident worry for him. When she left, he was left wondering when she had grown up so much without him noticing.