Bang!

After the family meeting it was decided the women would go back to the Shelby family home whilst the men *cough* boys had a drink in the Garrison. For once Riley didn't mind not going to the pub as it meant she could spend some time with her sister and newest nephew. Although, both sisters were very different, that didn't diminish the deep care they felt for one another. Being the only Shelby girl's meant they had learnt to stick together when it counted against their over-bearing brothers. And whilst said brothers were away at war Riley had grown closer to her older sister through their mutual heartache and worry for them.

Currently, Riley sat in front of the fire place with baby Karl playing with his teddy bear.
"He looks just like you." Riley said to Ada. Aunt Pol was in the kitchen making tea, leaving the two girls some time to catch up. Ada grinned as Karl babbled wanting his Auntie Riley's attention.

"You think? I thought he took more after Freddie."

"Let's hope not." Riley jokingly replied making a funny face, causing Karl to giggle.

After talking of the baby a few minutes passed of awkward silence. An unspoken distance filled the space between them after not seeing each other for months. Ada sighed catching Riley's attention as she moved to sit behind her son.

"Riley, I'm sorry I haven't been in touch and how everything went down with Freddie and the baby. I should have made more of an effort to reach out to you. It was tommy I was angry at not you."

Riley knew her sister wasn't the only one to blame as she herself could've tried more to get in contact with her. And although she didn't agree with everything both Ada and Tommy had done, she knew there was no point in dwelling in the past when it had all worked out in the end.

"It's fine. I could've made more of an effort myself. I'm just glad your back, if only for now."

Ada smiled, moving forward to hug Riley. As Riley wrapped her arms around Ada's warm figure, she unexpectedly felt like crying. She couldn't remember the last time she had such a loving hug. Thankfully, their Aunt walked in saving Riley the embarrassment.

"Right! Luckily Finn hasn't wolfed down all the biscuits, so I've got Bournville's and Digestives!"

Both girls chuckled at their Aunts announcement knowing all to well what that boy was like once he got his hands on the biscuit tin.

"Save me a Bournville, I'm just gonna put Karl down for his nap."

Riley looked down only just noticing that Karl was leaning on her lap already half asleep. Aunt Pol smiled as she watched her nieces dote on the baby.

"Don't worry love, we've got the angel, haven't we Riley?" Riley nodded as she picked the tired boy up.
"Are you sure? I don't mind-"

"Nonsense girl. You sit yourself down and have a rest while you still can. You've got the next 18 years to worry about the boy." Aunt Pol joked as she dragged Ada into a comfy chair placing a blanket on her lap.

"I hate to admit it but she's right Ada. We'll settle him down. Don't worry I'm sure I won't break him."

"Not funny Riley." Ada deadpanned although the small smile on her face gave away her amusement.

Not even ten minutes later Riley and her Aunt heard a panicked Tommy storm into the house.

"Riley! Ada! Ada, wake up. You, Riley and the baby get into the bull ring, where there's lots of people."

"What's going on?" Aunt Pol asked her frantic nephew as she and Riley came into the front room.

"We've been fucking betrayed. Someone let slip, Kimbers men are on their way here." Tommy answers as he paced the small room. Shit! Shit! Shit! Riley didn't blame her brother for panicking.