Chapter -2

Two and half year later..

Nothing has changed in Diya's life in this two and a half year. Her parents are still treating her in the same way. She goes to school and after coming back from school she does all the work at home.

"Diya , take this bag and come with me to D- Mart", Payal said while taking her clutch from the table.

"But mom , I have to still wash the vessels and mop the floor",Diya said.

"Do it later on ,now come with me", Payal ordered her.

"Mom I can't come with you,if I come with you to market then it will take 2 hours and my this work will remain pending and I have to even do my assignment which I have to submit tommorow. So please mom you go or otherwise we can go tommorow", Diya pleaded to Payal.

" I didn't ask you opinion and it doesnt matter to me whether you have to complete your assignment or no, so get ready and come within 5 minutes to the living room", Payal said angrily.

With a dull face Diya went to her room changed her clothes and after tying her hair in a ponytail came to the living room were Payal is waiting for her.

Both of them went to D-Mart and after shopping for 2 hours, they are now standing in lift.

"Is she your daughter?" Mrs. Chopra asked to Payal with a crooked smile.

The other two ladies who were with her were also laughing seeing Diya.

"No no ,she is not my daughter", Payal said feeling embarrassed.

" Then who is she? I have seen her going to school from your home only", Mrs. Chopra asked.

"Ya she goes to school from my home only but she is not my daughter. She is my servants daughter who died 3 years back. Her father was not ready to take her responsibility so my husband and me have adopted her", Payal said while showing fake care for Diya.

" Oohh you people are so good. You are taking care of your servants daughter , educating her and spending your money on her. God bless you people for doing this noble work ", Mrs. Chopra said and other two ladies nodded there head.

Unknown to this there was a small heart which was bleeding and crying listening this were her biological mother is only rejecting her own child in front of others.

Diya and Payal came back home but Diya was not herself after this. Payal sat on the couch and after keeping the bags in kitchen Diya came and stood in front of Payal.

"Mom , why did you say I am your servants daughter?", asked Diya with tears in her eyes.

"Then what should I say?I should say yes she is my sweet and not so preety elder daughter ? So that they can laugh there hearts out at me", said an angry Payal.

"But mom...", Diya is saying but is cut off by Payal.

"Enough now get lost from here and do your work and one more thing dare you say to anyone that you are my daughter", Payal said while holding Diya's hand tightly.

With the tight grip of Payal hands on Diya's hand , her hand became red when Payal left her hand. Payal ' s nail marks could also be seen on her hand.

Diya resumed her work crying but couldn't say anything to Payal. Until Diya completed her house work it is already 11 and she is hell tired but she can't sleep as she has to complete her assignment.

With her sleepy eyes and tired body she completed her assignment by 2. After keeping her books in bag she went to sleep. With crying for hours and tired body Diya slept as soon as her body touched the bed.