Chapter -6

Eyes are glued to the computer screen , hands are joined and prayers on lips..that's what Diya is doing right now sitting on a chair in a cyber cafe. Her 10th result is out and she is waiting for her mark sheet to get open.

Two minutes later the mark sheet get displayed and Diya couldn't believe her eyes. She pinched her hand so that she could believe that it is not a dream. Her marksheet shows that she has secured 96% and her happiness know no bounds. She has got the fruit of her hard work.

Even after going to school and doing all household chores and without any extra coaching classes she has secured 96%. Many sleepless nights she has spent studying and it was worth it.

Even during her final exams Payal didn't let her study until Diya didn't complete household chores.  So Diya only studied after 10 p.m. After paying the money to the owner of cyber cafe she leaves for her home.

Diya is very happy and excited to share this news with her parents.  She runs back to her home and directly go and hugs her mom from the back. Payal who was frying samosa get scared and little oil falls on her hand.

"Ahh..Ahh...Laksh it's paining..",Payal started screaming.

Lasksh who was watching t.v with Harshita comes running in the kitchen and take Payal near the washbasin and holds her hand below the running water. Diya gets scared seeing this. Laksh take Payal to the living room and apply ointment on her hand and then ask her what happened.

"Payal how this happened?" Laksh asked.

"I was frying samosas and Diya came running towards me and hugged me so the oil feel on my hand", Payal replied.

Lasksh came towards Diya and stood in front of her. Diya is scared looking at Laksh so she tries to tell why she hugged her mom but...

"SLAP..", Laksh slapped her hard on her cheek .

"You idiot, can't you see your mom is cooking something? Laksh asked her in full rage.

"Dad..I....", Diya wanted to say but is cut by Harshita.

"Dad , this girl wanted to harm mom as mom makes her to do all the work na , so she wanted to take revenge", Harshita said while adding fuel in the burning fire.

"No...dad....I...didn't...have...any..such...intention",Diya tried to form the sentence while she is still crying.

"Then why did you hug Payal?", Lasksh asked.

"I was very happy so I hugged mom with love , I didn't have any intention to hurt mom", Diya said while wiping her tears.

"And why were you so happy , miss lier?", Harshita asked while raising her eyebrows.

"I got 96% in 10th exams , so I wanted to share my happiness with mom first ,so I went and hugged her", Diya said .

"In your happiness , you didn't even care to see what your mom is doing", lasksh asked  angrily.

"I am really sorry mom , due to me you got hurt", Diya said while caressing her mom's hand.

Payal kicked Diya in her stomach and went away from there. Diya started crying while clutching her stomach but nobody cared. Both Lasksh and Harshita went behind Payal. After 2 minutes Diya got up from the ground and went towards her room with her hands on her stomach. She took the pain killer from her cupboard and after taking rest for 10 minutes went and stared doing her work.

Today was a very big day for her , as she has got the fruit for her hardwork but it turned out to be a bad day for her. She thought for the first time in her life her parents will be happy that there daughter has got such good marks but they didn't even care. She wanted to celebrate her happiness with her parents and sister , so she also brought 5 pedas ( sweets) from a sweet shop but neither her parents asked her result nor did they care about her happiness.  She only ate the sweets and promised herself to fulfill her dreams.