Slave Traders.

Caspian scouted ahead leaving me and Eustace to walk side by side for a while in complete silence. Eustace tried avoiding eye contact with me as much as possible, I just kept my eyes peeled for that boy again...until Eustace ran over to one of the houses at the end of the ally.

"Eustace what are you doing?" I whispered loud enough for him to hear me.

The boy looked over at me and shrugged, he looked into the window of the house and peaked inside. He then came over and just stared at me.

"And???" I asked annoyed by this boy and also confused at his behavior.

"There's nothing over here, should we turn back?" Eustace asked quite loudly that it made me jump a little.

This house he had peeked into was by the bell tower, everyone was grouped together in front of it. So, they heard us and turned to face Eustace and I,

I sighed and pushed him aside to look into the window of the home, what I saw was saddening. A family was huddled together, there faces frail and frightened. They were afraid of something, it wasn't us...it was something that has been here for a while.

"He's lying." I announce to the group who was waiting for a answer from me.

Eustace sighed as he was probably bored just following me around, he would however have too. I started to walk over to the group with the brat behind me, they looked at the both of us curious on what I had found.

"The people here are afraid of something, I have no idea what but I think we should help them." I mention relaxing my shoulders a tad.

"Should we start in that clock tower? It's very eerie if you ask me." Sunny mentioned looking at the big building in front of us.

Caspian gave a quick nod and motioned everyone to follow, we all started to walk up the steps when Eustace decided to put in his input.

"Shouldn't I go back and help the crew prepare?" Eustace asked hesitating to put his foot on the first step.

"Do you wanna come here and guard something?" Edmund asked probably not thinking of how bad giving Eustace a weapon would be.

Eustace immediately came over nervously, "Ah yes! Good idea, cousin. Very ughhhh...logical."

Caspian looked at me and then at Eustace, he began to pull out a small sword.

I shook my head and mouthed no, but Caspian gave me that trust me look. I decided if anything, I could blame Caspian if Eustace somehow cut him self. I could imagine him tripping over a loose stone and falling flat on the pointy end of his knife.

Caspian handed the boy the small weapon. At first, Eustace stared at the shiny metal for a good minute. Then he reached his hand out slowly and grabbed the black handle. He was hesitant to take the weapon, he just stood there for another moment and then finally took the sword from our ex prince.

Everyone started to walk up the stairs again, Eustace had one last thing to say.

"I've got it. I've got it. Don't worry." Eustace told us as his sword shook in his very shaky hand.

"Sure you do." I mumbled as I walked inside the dark bell tower.

I strung a arrow into my bow and pulled back a little, I held my weapon towards the ground as I didn't want to shoot any one just yet.