The Storm.

After our discussion with Coriakin, he gave us some breakfast and let us be on our way. Since the old man knew where the lords went to, there was no sense to explore the surrounding area. So, we went back on board and sailed away from the island.

The next two weeks were perfect, but then we ended up sailing into a huge and ferocious storm. For days thunder sounded in the distance and lightning flashed, the boat kept rocking all around making it hard to stand without holding onto something.

On this particular night, Caspian had called a meeting together to discuss how we were going to proceed in this endeavor. I was in the map room with Edmund, Benjamin, Caspian, and Drinian. Edmund was looking over the map with the captain, Caspian was sitting on the window seat staring into the storm, Benjamin was sitting on some creates, and I was standing in the coroner holding on to the beam that was above me.

"So what's the conditions?" Caspian asked everyone who was silent in the room.

Drinian looked at Caspian like he just asked the most dumbest question that's ever been asked, "Conditions? Well we have only enough food and water for a two more weeks and I don't know if we can find the blue star any time soon in this storm."

"We will have to save our food supply, make sure no one gets extras. Do we know how long this storm is supposed to last?" I asked while walking over to the map very carefully.

Drinian looked at me and nodded, "Already done. The door is locked, only I can get in. And as for how long this storm will last, I don't know."

"It's been how long now since this storm started?" Caspian asked.

"It's been almost a week. This is your last chance to turn back you're Majesties." The captain replied in a serious tone, "It's a needle in a haystack, trying to find this Ramandu place. We could sail right past it and off the edge of the world."

I shook my head at Drinian, "Oh that's just sea tales, there is no edge of the world."

"Orrrr...." Edmund added really announcing his r's.', "get eaten by a sea serpent."

"Edmund, not helping." I scolded my brother, "Anyways, can someone speak some actual logic or are we just going to exchange sea fantasy's all night?"

"I'm just saying the men are getting nervous. These are strange seas we're sailing... the likes of which i've never seen before." Drinian explained.

Caspian's lips formed a strait line as he stood up, he came to the map and slammed his hand on the table making everyone jump.

"Then perhaps, Captain, you would like to be the one to explain to Mr. Rhince that we're abandoning the search for his family." The Talmerain king shouted in a frustrated tone.

This storm was a never ending battle, everyone was getting tired of being tossed like a pancake.  Moral was low, people's patients levels were growing thin and everyone seemed a bit snippy with each other. No one knew when this storm would end and I bet some people were unsure if they were going to make it out alive. The fear of being tossed over board or sinking was real, it was sitting in the back of everyone's minds.

"I'll get back to it." Drinian told him as he went to the door to put on his rain coat, "Just a word of warning. The sea can play nasty tricks on the crew's mind...Very nasty."

Drinian walked out of the map room to go back up deck, Benjamin sighed and stretched, he then went over by the door and grabbed his coat.

"I'll go help the crew, you three get some sleep." He told everyone as slid on his cloak.