The Disapperance of Eustace Clarence Scrub

As we came towards the boats, I bit my lip hoping I was mistaken about Eustace's disappearance and that he would be back at the shoreline complaining as usual. I prayed to Aslan him self that I was wrong and it was just my imagination. None the less, the feeling of it being real was weighing on me too much. I felt it would be to good a thing if I was wrong and the only explanation was my mind playing tricks on me.

As I had known deep down in my gut, Eustace wasn't here at all.

Reepicheep was still giving orders and men were finishing up there task they were given in hopes of going back on the boat soon.

"Reep!" I called to the little yet powerful brown mouse.

He looked up at me and waved, I ran over to the rock he was standing on as fast as I could.

"Has Eustace come back with anything?" Asked Reep, his gaze so hopeful.

I shook my head, "No, he ran off."

"How? I sent..."

Just as Reepicheep was about to explain, two tall and muscular men came forward. One had blonde hair and a mustache, the other had black hair and a clean face.

"Where is he?" Reep asked in a very frustrated tone, "I told you to keep a eye on the boy!"

"We did, we tried to find him..but...we're not his keepers!" The bearded man exclaimed.

I pulled out my sword and glared at the two idiots ahead of me.

"My queen, put your sword down. I will handle these two buffoons." Reep told me in a very gentle voice.

I hesitated for a moment but then obeyed the mouse and slid the sword back in my sheath.

Reep smiled at me and hopped off the rock, he tugged on my pant leg wanting to get up on my shoulder. I obliged and let him climb on my hand, then I lifted him up and placed him gently on my shoulder.

"Now, what happened? What did you see?" Asked the mouse.

I closed my eyes so I could picture it exactly how I saw it, then I opened my eyes.

"Eustace." I started to explain, "he..he found this ally of Gold and he started collecting it. Then all of a sudden green mist surrounded him and he vanished."

"I see." Reep told me.

"I suggest Lucy, Benjamin, and Sunny go back to the boat. Edmund, Christina, and I will go to the spot where Eustace disappeared." Caspian ordered to everyone.

We all were about to walk off when Benjamin grabbed my arm gently, "Wait..why can't I go instead?"

Caspian came over to my brother and placed his hand on Bens shoulder in a comforting way, "because, I need someone to protect Lucy and my sister. The only person I trust is you to do that job."

Benjamin couldn't help but smirk at the praise, Caspian's intention had served him well.

"Ok, be careful." My brother specifically told Caspian.

The talmerain king nodded, "Don't worry your sister will be brought back safely and with out harm."

Benjamin finally went back to his other task that he was supposed to do. Caspian, Edmund, and started walking back to where we came from.

"So, what's wrong with Benjamin?" Edmund asked as he kicked some dirt ahead of him.

Caspian and I shrugged, no one knew what exactly was wrong with my brother. He just was being way too over protective. Don't get me wrong, being protective is a good thing but being practically possessive was another.