Magical Island

After Caspian and I parted ways, I walked down below deck and to my cabin. When I entered, the little girl that had stowed away on board and Lucy were talking. Sunny was laying on my bed sleeping, her snore was just the perfect pitch.

I smiled at how sound asleep my friend was, I quietly went over to the drawer and pulled out a book.

"What are you reading?" Lucy asked me.

I smiled and showed her, "Sea tales, found it in the map room."

"Is it interesting?"

"Very." I tell her as I sat on the bed, "I never got your name little one."

"Gale, my name is Gale." She smiled proudly.

I chuckled and patted her hand, "welcome aboard Gale."

I opened my book to the page I had last stoped on and was about to lay down when Edmund barged in the room.

Sunny who had been dead to the world sat up and wiped her mouth, "what's going on?"

"You all need to get packing, they've found the island we were searching for." Edmund announced.

I looked at Lucy and immediately got up, I walked over to the drawer and started packing things in my bag. Sunny and my sister started doing the same thing.

"Guess I'll leave you four to pack." Edmund told us before closing the doors and leaving us alone.
~
We had all finished packing our bags and had made it up on deck where everyone was buzzing about the ship doing what ever task was handed to them.

The Island looked huge from the boat and it kept growing bigger each row we made, it was beautiful but mysterious. What ever was there seemed to have magic, it was pulling me into its grasp.

"You girls ready?" Caspian asked from behind me.

I was sitting on a barrel playing with my fingers, I wasn't given a task and there wasn't much to do. So, I decided to people watch and randomly fiddle with a loose string that I found on my shirt.

"Yes, but at least give us a job next time." I sighed while standing up with my bag.

Caspian nodded and shrugged, "next time I will. Anyways, we will be camping at that island tonight and exploring tomorrow."

"Are you sure we shouldn't explore now, we don't know what's in there." I say trying to peer inside the brush as best I could.

Caspian handed me a telescope which I gladly took and gave a quick look through.

"By the time we reach the island, the sun will be almost down and I would hate for us to get lost...no, day time is the best especially since we don't know the island well at all. We're going to need the light." Caspian replied before I handed him back his telescope.

"Not even a torch would work?" I asked him knowing he'd say no.

He shook his head, "not enough."

What scared me most is what would be in there at night, what would creep up on us while we slept. This island seemed different, it felt eerie. I couldn't really describe it because I haven't felt this way about anything before.