On Deck.

The next month was really hard for me, I had to get over many opticals and fears that had just appeared to me. It was challenging, but I wasn't alone. Every time I had a nightmare, I'd run to Caspian and he would take me up deck to look at the stars. If it was a rainy night, he'd take me to the map rom, we'd sit on the window seat, and talk until I started yawning again.

Lucy and Sunny were the first people I could hug. When ever I felt unsafe or started to panic, they'd be right there and engulf me in there arms.

At the end of the month, I finally felt that there was a sense of normal balance back in my life. Things were getting better for me, I was happy and unintentionally getting closer to Caspian.

Today of all days, was the most beautiful day in the entire month. The breeze was blowing softly making those white sails patter in the wind, the waves were calm and seagulls were chattering away in the distance.

I was in a very chipper mood today, everyone was in fact. I decided to skip (and yes I mean skip) towards Edmund, he was busy cleaning his new toy he got from Lord Bern. When he realized I was hovering over him, he slowly looked up at me and smiled.

"Watcha doing?" I asked in a lively but annoying voice.

He shook his head and chuckled a bit, "Cleaning my sword."

"Why?"

"There's barnacles on it, wouldn't you wanna clean it?" He asked trying to not slap me for asking such a stupid question.

I wanted to play around with him some more, it was fun to annoy my dorky brother at times.

"Why?" I asked again bouncing back and fourth on the balls of my feet.

He eyed me up and down before speaking, "it's not working Christina."

"Why?"

"Ok." He said putting down his sword with a little hesitation, "what do you wanna do? Your bored I can tell and being the greatest little brother I am...I will spare a few minutes."

"Sword fight." I asked while pulling out a sword from one of the barrels near me, I held it out for him to take.

He looked at the sword he was cleaning and then at the one I was holding. He hesitated and then grabbed it with a playful smirk.

"Ok, what's your bet?" I asked Edmund as I twirled the sword in my hand.

Edmund thought for a minute before answering, "hmmm...who ever looses must clean up after Eustace for a entire week."

"What?? Thats torture!"

"That's the fun of a bet or are you too chicken to do it?" He taunted playfully, which made my competitive side rise.

I swung my sword and aimed for his neck, Edmund ducked just as the blade came around. He then swung at my feet, I jumped over his blade.

For a minute, we just stared at each other. Then we both swung at the same time, our blades hit and they collided. Soon the crew gathered around and watched, everyone was cheering, that made my adrenaline rise even higher. Our swords kept clashing together, then I spun my sword around his. I thought I had knocked his sword out of his hands, but he managed to get a grip on his handle. He quickly slid his sword agents my neck, I stoped realizing I had lost.

We both were panting and looking at each other.

"You know what?" Edmund asked keeping the sword blade agents my skin.