Gold Lure

I had been walking now for a while, I didn't really care where I was going. None the less, I kept my eye out for some clues that the Lords have been here.

As time went on, I heard some murmuring and footsteps in the background. They really did come after me didn't they?

I panicked for a moment but then calmed down enough so I could make a rational decision. I looked around, carefully scanning my opportunities. That's when I found a rock, a big huge rock on the side of the road. I quickly ran and crouched behind it just before the two followers had arrived. They both stopped a few feet ahead of the rock I was hiding under.

"I swear I saw her." Benjamin said to the other person beside him. I guessed it was Sunny and like I had suspected, it was.

"Let's keep going. She probably is somewhere ahead." She told Benjamin.

The two then started to walk off into the distance, I was glad they left. However, which way should I go now?

I grabbed onto a root that was sticking out of the sand, but when I pulled my self up the root broke.

I yelped as I fell back on the ground and then rolled down the hill. Once I landed on the ground, I stayed there for a little bit. I was scared to get up, my body was now sore.

I didn't want to get up at all, but then I heard someone talking and walking towards me in the distance.

I got up slowly making sure no important bones were broken, then I ran (or hobbled if you prefer) behind another huge rock.

I crouched down causing my lower back to spasm, I wanted to cry out in pain but I didn't. I placed my head on the rock and waited until the pain went away. It took a good minute (which seemed like forever) but it did subside. After that I stretched slowly, I felt a few pops but it did feel good.

When I finished stretching, I peeked behind the rock and over to the right. The voice now sounded very familiar and then the person with the recognizable tone came into view.

Eustace.

He was supposed to be helping with the boats, if I knew Reepicheep he would never give Eustace a job that wasn't in the vicinity of where the crew was working..or where Reep couldn't keep a eye on him. However, Eustace must have managed to slip away.

"Oh, yes, follow the imaginary Blue Star to the island of Ramandoodoo." Eustace grumbled as he walked past the rock I was behind.

"Lay the seven steak knives at the table of a talking lion."  He continued as he kept walking further ahead.

I decided to follow him, why would I choose to?  For one he would undoubtedly get his behind in trouble at some point and two, I didn't have anything better to do. I slowly crept out from the rock and quietly trailed behind him at a far enough distance.

"Ninnies!" Eustace chuckled as he kicked a rock that laid in front of him.

Where was he leading me too? At that very moment Eustace stopped and looked over the edge of a cliff. I couldn't see what exactly was in it, but from where I was standing it glistened.

I decided to get behind a bunch of rocks that was near the edge of the cliff. When I saw what was inside, I couldn't believe it.

Gold, lots of it. It was a beautiful sight to see and very tempting to touch, but I knew that what ever was down there was bad. The force that controlled that area was dark, it was something that shouldn't be tampered with.

When I looked away from the sparkling gold and towards Eustace, he was leaning over quite a lot. Then with out warning, he slipped and rolled down the cliff.