Chapter 6

Octavias pov

I groaned as my alarm was going off on my phone. I moved my arm around my bed trying to find it. Once I did I shut it off and sat up, my head was pounding.

What the hell happened last night?

Besides the incident with Jake I don't remember anything. How'd I even get home, I looked at my dresser and seen a glass of water and some ibuprofen, thank you mom.

"Honey are you up, remember you took the morning shift at the shop today."

Speak of the goddess.

My family owned a very cute thrift shop. It sold decorations, little knickknacks, clothes donated by different places and many other things.

"Yeah I'm up." I yelled down to her.

I had totally forgotten that I told my brother I'd take his shift, since he stood the night at his girlfriends house. Oh how I regret that now. I checked my phone and saw it was only eight thirty. So I got up to go to the bathroom.

Woah, I look like a hot mess.

I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and got dressed for work. Which just consisted of a pair of denim jeans, a plain black shirt and my old converse. After throwing my hair into a high ponytail, I made my way downstairs, going into the kitchen.

"How did you even know I was here, I was supposed to stay the night at Jake's." I said, while sitting at the kitchen counter, maybe I had called her to pick me up.

"Yet, here you are." She stated, while looking over her shoulder as she cooked some eggs on the stove.

I stayed quiet which caught her eye. "What happened?" she asked, placing a plate of breakfast down in front of me, or maybe she didn't pick me up.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I stated, she gave me a look that said will talk later.

"Alright honey, go on to the shop now before your late your dads there already." she said, once I finished my breakfast.

I put my plate in the sink and kissed my mom on the cheek, "Okay, bye mom." I quickly said and walked out of the door.

Luckily for me the thrift shop was just down the street so a little walking wouldn't hurt me. I got there with two minutes to spare. I went around to the back of the counter where people pay for the stuff. On this side of the counter there's also a door where I went through. This is where the employees usually hung out at.

"Hey bud." My dad greeted, looking up from his newspaper once I walked through the room.

He had always called me that since I was a little girl. Considering my brother turned me into a tomboy but, I still had my girly girl moments. He was currently sitting at the table we had in this room. It also had a fridge, with a counter along the wall that held the coffee machine and microwave. On the other side was a couch and a little coffee table with one black beanbag chair.

"Hey dad." I replied smiling, and walking over to him.

"Here, go open up." he handed me the keys to the shop and I simply nodded.

I went and opened up the door to the shop, flipping the closed sign to the open one.

••••

It's now eleven and today wasn't as busy as I expected it to be.

"Octavia." My dads voice yelled and I quickly went over to him in the back. "Here." he says, handing me two boxes, one little and one big.

"The little one has knickknacks in it and the other one has clothes, could you put them up for me?"