Chapter 45

Octavia's pov

Today was the day, okay that's dramatic. I'm only meeting his parents how bad could it be right?

I decided on wearing something nice but, respectable. I didn't need them thinking, 'poor girl she doesn't know how to dress' so I called over Maya. Who by the way hasn't helped since we came down for lunch as she's to busy admiring the house.

Ryder was currently in his basement or 'Man Cave' as I call it, he says I'm never aloud in there. I'm still surprised I lasted this long without actually breaking that rule. Whatever it is, it has to be good maybe guns? Drugs? For all I know he has minions in there. Whatever he was doing in there needed to hurry up because, I wanted lunch and we usually ate together.

"Wow I could fit my room in this living room." Maya gaped, "I can't believe Jake was here before me that asshole." she exclaimed.

I smiled then quickly frowned, "Your supposed to be helping me." I whined crossing my arms as we moved to the kitchen.

"Black one low v neck slit down the middle." she stated blankly as if that was her answer this whole time, "Oh my god is that a chandelier." she said in awe as she looked up.

I sighed and shook my head at her.

"Yes it is." I heard Ryder's voice say from behind me.

"Hi love." he said softly when he approached me and kissed my lips gently and softly, I loved it.

"Hi Ryder." I said almost breathlessly.

"So quick replay of today." he said going around the counter opening the cabinets as I went over to the fridge, "My parents are coming at five." he stated while putting three plates down on the counter.

"Will all talk here until five thirty." I said restating what he told me earlier while I got the sandwich makings out.

"And then leave to dinner until six or seven." he said as him and I switched places in the kitchen. So he could get the bread out of the top cabinet. While I got a spoon out from the drawer so we could spread the condiments.

"Then come home and cuddle." I said happily as we met in the middle and he kissed me.

"Wow." I heard Maya say as she sat at the counter.

I smiled, "What?"

"When's the wedding?" she asked while grabbing a plate and starting to make her sandwich.

Ryder only smiled at that which made me blush leading to him kissing my cheek.

"Shut up." I said while starting to make my own sandwich.

"I'm serious you guys look like a married couple straight out of a movie." she said putting her sandwich together and taking a bite.

I rolled my eyes but, inside I was smiling. I loved knowing Ryder and I clicked so well we looked married already.

••••

"Holy shit." Jake yelled earning a frown to form on Maya's face.

I raised my eyebrows at him as if saying 'seriously your girlfriends right next to you' in which he instantly turned to her.

"But, you would look so much better in it babe." he said desperately.

"Sure." she said with a tight smile.

I had just changed into the dress Maya picked out for me, she also curled my hair slightly. As for makeup I did a natural look only, lipstick and mascara. Only a couple hours after lunch Jake came to pick Maya up since Ryder's parents would be arriving soon.