Chapter 17

Octavia's pov

Oh no, he's mad, no doubt about it. What if he thinks that was totally immature and so he doesn't want to speak with me again. When Ryder first called and I answered, I had totally forgot Jake, Maya and Jacob were in the same room. They started pestering me about who it was. Maya already knew about Ryder but, Jake didn't and I wouldn't tell Jacob.

Jacob Mores is one of Maya's high school friends. Jake was very familiar with Jacob, considering they live by each other. They hung out a couple times and when we found out Maya and him knew each other, we all started to meet up together. This being one of those times.

Mores had always been a high school bad boy type, making my best friend Maya Winters develop a helpless crush. While I know he's not right for her because, he's an arrogant, cocky, asshole. She being the total opposite. But, she doesn't know how he feels yet and to me he seems to be very nice to her.

I'll still support her through whatever though despite if she's hurting Jake without knowing.

"Octavia, seriously-" Jacob started to say from the other side of the door.

I had moved to the bathroom to get away from them, shit he's still there. I quickly got up and opened the door. To reveal Jacobs cocky facial expression.

"There's the angel." he said, using his little stupid signature smirk.

"Oh shut it." I hit his arm on the way out, going downstairs.

"Hey Octavia I was wondering should we order some pizza?" Maya asked, looking at me with her, light green eyes and pale skin.

Who could say no to that face?

"Of course, I'm sure my parents left me some money for some food, it should be on the counter."

She grinned and walked to the counter, while pulling her phone out. I was going to walk to sit next to Jake on the couch, when I heard a loud knock on the door.

"Who is that? I thought your parents were on a date and your brother was with his girlfriend?" Jake asked, getting into protective mode.

Rolling my eyes, I told him to stay there which he surprisingly listened, for once. I went down the hallway and opened the door. All I felt were arms pushing me inside, the door slammed shut and I was pushed against the wall.

His smell, I'd recognize it anywhere, Ryder.

I looked into his eyes and all I saw was anger. Then nerves filled my stomach and my heartbeat sped up.

"Who the hell is here?" he growled out, oh shit.

"W-what are you talking a-about." I said, almost breathlessly, he seemed to have that affect on me right now.

Why does he care who I'm with? Why is he mad? Why is he here? Why do I have questions every time I see him.

"You fucking know what I'm talking about." he stated a little louder, I flinched away, not because, the yelling but, because that hurt.

I could be very sensitive.

His eyes immediately softened and he loosened his grip on me. Then all together, he wasn't touching me anymore, I mentally whimpered. It was quiet for a minute with him just staring at me, trying to control his breathing. Why was he so mad, then I noticed his hand and I don't know what came over me but, I took it in my own. Caressing skin that wasn't an open wound.

It was bleeding from the knuckles and had opened slits, with recently fresh dried blood. He didn't flinch away from me or anything.

"What happened?" I asked softly, and looked at him.

"Um, who is that?" Now is so not the time, like seriously.

I looked up the stairs and seen Jacob walking down. I felt Ryder stiffen next to me and saw the anger in his eyes start to grow again. Well that's my cue, I have to do something.

"A friend, Maya is in the kitchen, she's ordering pizza go help her." I said, hoping he would listen.

Knowing Jacob though, "A friend?" he asked, curiously.

He just wouldn't listen, "Well your friend looks like he wants to kill me." he stated, adding his stupid smirk.

I don't know why but, I felt that I had to calm Ryder down. So I started caressing his hand again, where it wasn't hurt.

"Jacob please." I said, using that serious tone Jacob always knew not to mess with, in the corner of my eye I seen Ryder staring at me, then our hands

Jacob sighed, "Fine, but, only because, you asked so nicely angel." I can't stop him from calling me that, he says it suits me, yeah whatever.

I looked back at Ryder and I wish I hadn't, he was so angry, "Come on." I gently said, looking down as I held his hand and went upstairs to the bathroom.

He reluctantly followed after, sparing one last glance at where Jacob left. As soon as the bathroom door shut he lifted me up, making me gasp. He placed me on the counter, fitting himself perfectly between my legs. He placed his hands on my bare thighs, no doubt my cheeks were a deep red right now.

I bit my lip out of nervousness and looked down, Ryder lifted my chin up and caressed it with the pad of his thumb, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell at you like that it was wrong and I'm sorry, I just couldn't control my anger." he said very softly, his tone filled with sincereness.

My insides were melting, he was just full of surprises, "I-it's okay." I replied, he smiled which caused me to smile as well.

I noticed his hand he was caressing my chin with was his hurt one. I took it in my own and looked at it. Turning to the cabinet in the bathroom, I pulled out a first aid kit. He watched me as I cleaned the blood from his hand and cleaned out his cuts.

"What happened?" I asked again.

"You happened." he chuckled lightly, while I ran the alcohol pad over the slits.

"I'm confused." I said genuinely, putting bandaids over his cuts.

"Let's not talk about that right now." he said raising his now, almost healed hand and using it to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "Thank you doctor." he said with a smile gracing his face.

This made me laugh and his gesture made me blush, I still wanted to know what happened though, "You're welcome but, I still really want to know what happened."

Ryder sighed and dropped his hand, "I got mad, so I punched the wall, my anger blinds me sometimes."

Him anger issues, what? Note the sarcasm.

"Why were you mad?" I questioned.

"I heard people here and I didn't know who it was, all I heard were guys then I heard what that guy Jacob said and that set me off." he explained, if he wasn't looking me in the eyes while saying all this, I'd think he's lying.

Why would he get mad about that?

"Why would you get mad over that though?"

He instantly gripped my hips and pulled me closer to him, "Because your mine, Octavia Hill."

My heart was beating so fast and loud in my chest by now, I'm surprised Ryder couldn't hear it.

I'm his?