Chapter 15

Octavia's pov

Mom always has me stocking stuff, meaning I have to put everything donated from the boxes where they rightfully belong. It was so boring, I'd had enough and just wanted to go home and hang out with Ja-

"Hey beautiful." I heard a deep husky voice say while my left headphone was taken out of my ear.

I turned around and my heart couldn't have started to beat any faster, seeing who it was, "Ryder."

Now thanks to him there was a zoo in my stomach, I hate that he makes me feel this way. 'It's just a stupid crush' I thought. Then his hands moved to my hips, pushing me against the shelf and he buried his head in the crook of my neck. Oh woah, what is he doing, that escalated to quick.

"I-I w-what are you d-doing." I stuttered out, growing even more nervous and internally punishing myself for stuttering.

As soon as he started to leave light kisses on my neck I couldn't stop the moan that escaped my lips, "Tell me to stop and I will Octavia." he said so seductively that I didn't even want him to.

But, I was afraid someone might see us, more specifically my dad. That's the only reason why I had the courage to.

"Ryder-" I started but, then he started sucking on my neck, I closed my eyes, leaning my head back to give him more access, relishing in the feeling.

I couldn't help myself, I was extremely attracted to him. But, of course my insecurities had to ruin it with my dumb questions. Was he just going to use me, I mean he can get any girl he wants. Am I just another one, I didn't want that to happen, or be the case.

"S-stop." I managed to say and I heard him groan in response, his grip on my hips tightened but, then loosened.

He slowly stopped what he was doing and lifted his head from where it was at. Then he took a step back and we made eye contact, that was it, I was blushing like crazy. I can't believe I just let him do that. I looked to the ground feeling somewhat shocked. His hand went up to my face, making me look up at him, his thumb lightly caressing my cheek.

"You're so beautiful Octavia." he said, all while looking me in the eyes.

I didn't know what to say other than that I was extremely confused. Why would he do that? How could he do that? Why would he do that? Those were the same questions but, I'm just still pretty much in shock, he would even dare.

I wouldn't think he'd want someone like me, "T-thank you." I said, still not meeting his eyes.

"Look at me." he demanded with that authority voice I was just drawn to.

Which made me look up into his eyes, that I didn't know I could get lost in. They were such a dark brown, swimming with mystery. We didn't speak, just stared, I wouldn't say it was awkward. I'd say it was surprisingly comfortable and peaceful. That was until my phone started ringing and I looked down at it, 'My baby J ❤️'.

"Is that Jake?" Ryder almost growled out, his jaw clenching and he withdrew his hand from my cheek, making me miss his touch.

Stupid crush.

"Yes." I said, nodding my head and was about to answer.

"Don't answer it." Ryder said, again with that authority in his voice, he's going to be the death of me.

But why couldn't I answer it, that made me laugh a little, "Why not?" his eyes seemed to light up when I laughed.

"Because, you're talking to me right now." he replied, confidence lacing his words, he took my phone away from me, declining the call.

I looked at him amused as hell and was about to grab my phone back but, he slapped my hand, making me pout.

"What did you do that for?" I asked, rubbing my hand, that really did hurt how would he like it.

He just looked at me with such a soft look in his eyes, "Because, I'm putting my phone number in your phone darling." I've never liked being called darling at all but, when he said it, it became my favorite thing.

"Oh." I said shyly, looking down.

He's giving me his number, why, why, why.

"Here." he said and just as I got my phone back, Jake's contact popped up again, indicating he was calling a second time.

I looked at Ryder and he just glared at the phone as if it would stop ringing. Before he could grab my phone back I answered it.

"Fuck, finally babe, why didn't you answer the first time." I heard Jake yell and I flinched.

I didn't like when he would yell as if I can't hear him when the phone is up to my ear, "Jake." I whined, "I told you about that."

He chuckled over the phone, "Sorry pumpkin, is your shift done yet, I'm going to come and get you."

I pulled the phone from my ear to check the time and my shift was over. I put the phone back up to my ear before answering him.

"Okay, yeah you can come."

"I was going to come anyways." I laughed and he hung up.

I looked at Ryder and he looked like he wanted to kill someone, "You know it's rude to answer your phone when someone's talking to you." he said dangerously low, gripping my hips and pushing me against the shelf again.

My stomach was filled with butterflies and anxiousness at this point. I was completely shocked  by how he touches me so naturally, which is why I tensed. I didn't once think about this 'crush' thing turning into actually liking Ryder but, in that moment.

I did, I really did.