Chapter 11

Octavia's pov

"I-I don't know, why are you so ma-"

Before I could finish my sentence, laughter filled the house, my parents walking into the living room. Ryder stood up putting his hand out to my father, politely. Our once heated conversation, forgotten.

"Mr. hill." he greeted.

My dad shook his hand and I stood up as well. I barely realized my brother lagging behind them.

"Ahh, Ryder you're here, please, call me Brian let me get washed up and we could get started." Ryder nodded as my dad turned around to walk upstairs.

Not before he kissed my mom on the cheek though and my mom blushed like a school girl would. Then she went to the kitchen. They had always been so much in love with each other ever since I was little. I wanted that someday. Wait started on what, I'm so confused, I hate being left out of things.

"You're cute when you're confused." Ryder's voice broke through my thoughts, I turned to look at him as I felt my cheeks heating up and looked down.

Before I could say anything Jeremy, my brother was running out of the kitchen from my mom. Who was currently hitting him with a rolled up newspaper.

"Bad boy, I said not to dip into the dessert."

"Ow!" he laughed as he backed away from her, "Stop." he whined.

Jake came out of the kitchen and laughed. "Get him ma." he always thought of my mom as his second mom.

"Alright alright, I'm sorry." Jeremey shouted and I laughed at the sight.

My face burned from a heated gaze that I knew was Ryder. My mom, Alison, stopped hitting him but, not before banning him from the kitchen until dinner was done. He went upstairs and demanded to be called down once dinner was done. Jake came over and sat down pulling me next to him and turning on the tv. Ryder sat back down as well keeping his eyes locked on Jake.

It was kind of awkward until my mom came out and asked if I would help in the kitchen. Which I happily agreed with doing and followed her into the kitchen. Jake came with thinking he could sneak some dessert. Which is why he was currently sat at the table where the brownies were. Him and my brother were so much alike it amazed me they weren't best friends instead.

My dad came down about ten minutes ago. Ryder and him were now talking in the living room. I have no idea about what and that made me slightly mad. I was about to ask my mom if she knew what they were talking about but, she spoke up first.

"Octavia, would you go call Jeremy down for dinner the same for your father and Ryder was it?" She asked kindly.

I nodded my head and Jake got up from the dinning table to help set it without being asked to. He had always been so sweet to my mom. I went to the living room and saw Ryder on the couch and my dad on the other end. They looked to be discussing something important.

"Hey." They both looked up at me. "Dinners ready." I said.

"Finally I'm starving, your mother makes the best lasagna." he chuckled and got up walking past me but, turned around, "Could we finish after dinner?" My dad asked Ryder who simply nodded.