Chapter 35

Octavia's pov

Everything I didn't want to get ruined, was about to come crashing down all within the second.

"Dad I-" I started to say only to have him cut me off.

"What are you doing here Ryder?" he asked harshly.

"Dad please-" I tried to say again.

"Shut up Octavia." he yelled at me which caused me to jump, he's never yelled at me like this before.

"Don't talk to her like that." I heard Ryder speak with his authority voice sounding pretty mad.

"I can talk to my daughter how I want now I want you out of my house now!" he shouted infuriated and glaring at Ryder who was still very much glued to my side.

"Honey what is all the yelling about?" I heard my mom ask as she came into the room.

I seen her glance from Ryder to me with a knowing look then to my dad.

"I'm waiting....and after this, Octavia you are not to see him at all this time, if you do you will no longer have someone to call a father." at hearing those words fall from my dad's mouth it made me freeze.

"Brian!" I heard my mom yell at him, this was the first time I heard her yell.

As they started to have an argument to themselves, a rather loud one, Ryder spoke to me.

"Love, everything will be alright I promise." he spoke so softly.

I smiled gently and brought his hands to cup my face. In the moment I realized, what if this was a goodbye? If it was I wanted this to be the last thing he did. Wanting to savior his touch I leant more into him.

"I have to go now." he said caressing my face.

I nodded and stepped away from him, having him drop his arms to his side. At this time I noticed my dad and mom weren't arguing but, watching us. Ryder and I shared one more glance before he left the room heading for the front door.

"I'm getting an alarm system in case you try to sneak out again I also want your phone and computer." my dad spoke putting out his hands.

My mom only stood quite as I handed them over. When I did I barely realized my eyes were watery, then a tear fell. This made me wipe it quickly and turn around with my back to them.

"Close the door when you guys leave please." I spoke softly holding in the many tears to come.

When I heard the door close I made sure they still weren't in the room before I let my tears flow freely.

How could he do that? I couldn't choose between Ryder and my dad. It would be my dad but, I was guilty for wanting to pick Ryder.

I quickly wiped my tears before something flew into my window. It was a ball with a sticky note, Maya.

When she moved in that's how she first said hi to me, our windows were aligned so it was kind of a perfect shot. About two weeks ago Jake finally told Maya about his feelings. Although it didn't change anything it certainly shifted something with Maya's feelings towards Jake.

The note said 'is everything alright?'

I sighed before writing back an answer, 'no come over?' I threw the ball out until it landed in her room on the floor. We both have gotten pretty good at this throughout the years.

A couple minutes later she was climbing through my window breathing heavily.

"How..." she started trying to catch her breath, making me raise my eyebrows, "How does Ryder...do that....every day." she stated bending over with her hands on her knees.

This made me laugh and then soon she joined in until she came to sit next to me in my bed.

"What happened?" she spoke softly bumping her shoulder with mine.

I told her everything even about Ryder being a gang leader. Soon enough she was comforting me like I was a baby. After two hours of explaining and blubbering I needed advice.

"What do I do?" I asked seriously.

"Well if I was in your shoes, I would pick my dad you only get one and boyfriends well they come and go." she spoke being truthful with her words.

I sighed because deep down I didn't want to hear that.

A knock was heard at the door followed by my mother's voice, "Octavia can I come in?" she asked sweetly.

"Yes." I knew she wouldn't care if Maya was here.

As she came in she only shook her head at Maya in a motherly way.

"I'll be going now bye Octavia." Maya said quickly giving me a hug before hugging my mother.

"Bye Alison." she said with a smile then went out the window.

"That girl does know she could have used the door right?" my mom chuckled, then I noticed my phone and laptop in her hand.

She came and sat next to me as I leaned my head on her shoulder, "What do I do mom?"

I heard her sigh before answering, "Now you follow your heart baby don't let your mind get in the way." she answered as if she had taken her own advice and it worked out smoothly.

I felt her hands brush my hair softly as we sat in silence and I soaked her advice up.

"Here's your phone and laptop now don't tell your dad I'm telling you this but, he put a tracking device in your phone so you don't see Ryder."

I could believe my ears then she continued, "Also he now wants to know where your going and with who at all times if you do decide to go out and your curfew is now at eight o'clock." she explained softly and gently choosing her words wisely.

Wow he was really treating me like a prisoner, I sat up and shook my head.

"Octavia just always remember the story I told you about how me and your father met." she said seriously her words holding a secret promise.

Right now I knew I was playing a loosing battle and no matter what move I made, I lost.