Chapter 37

Ryder's pov

Three dreadful months without my love. I missed her like hell. The last time I seen her was that night I promised her everything was going to be alright. Now look at us, everything was ruined.

I thought about her everyday and wondered if she thought about me or moved on. Just the thought of her being with another guy, hurt. I know I didn't move on, it was completely stupid to think I could.

Still Carter insisted it would be a good idea if I took his sister out on a date. I didn't want to I'd rather sit in my house all day drinking, like I have been doing. I know Octavia would object to it, god I missed hearing her voice and her sarcasm.

"Are you ready man she'll be here in a little bit." Carter asked as he walked into my room while I finished putting a shirt on.

"Yeah just give me a couple minutes." I said sitting down on my bed and bending down to tie my shoes.

"This'll be good for you who knows maybe you'll even like her." Carter stated with a smile, yeah right.

I sighed and finished tying my shoes then the door bell rang throughout the house. I reminded myself I was only doing this to get Carter off my back, no other reason.

"Please try and make it a good time for her she hasn't been feeling the best." he said sincerely.

I nodded then went downstairs to answer the door. There she was in a light blue dress that reminded me of the one I had last seen Octavia in.

"Hi." she said softly.

"Hey." I replied back politely.

Don't get me wrong Stella was beautiful but, she couldn't compare to my Octavia.

"Should we go?" she asked with a smile.

I nodded once again and shut the door to my house. Soon we were off to the restaurant. As we got there I could have sworn I seen Octavia walk into the pizza place across from the restaurant we were going to. Then I shrugged it off thinking my mind was playing tricks on me.

We got a table outside since she said it was nice out then we ordered.

"So I know my brother told you to do this just because 'I haven't been feeling the best'" she said repeating the exact words Carter said to me.

My eyes widen slightly, I didn't know what to say.

"It's okay." she smiled, "We can just have lunch as friends." she spoke softly.

I put my hand on hers and smiled, "Thank you." I said genuinely.

Stella nodded her head, "Of course."

That's when we got our food and started to eat. I came to find her really funny, she made me laugh. This was what I needed, a good laugh and maybe she needed it too.

"Thanks I really needed to laugh." I said speaking my mind to her.

"No problem I didn't know I was that funny." she said lightly laughing.

Then I thought, what if she could help me move on from Octavia? I scooted closer to her and whispered something in her ear.

"I think your really funny Stella." I saw her smile which made me smile.

Then my heart ached, this felt wrong. I went back to where I originally was and looked up, when I did everything stopped.

Octavia, it was her that walked into the restaurant earlier. God she was more beautiful then I remembered. I wanted to rush over there and kiss the life out of her but, I knew I couldn't. There was also the fact that she was crying, this angered me. I hoped in the back of my mind she didn't think anything of Stella and I.

That's when she looked up and our eyes met, it couldn't have been more perfect. It was as if no one else in the world existed and there was only her. All to soon the forever moment ended when she wiped her tears and started walking away.

No I can't lose her again, "Octavia." I yelled out to her as I stood up.

I seen her almost stop but, then she ended up walking faster as I called her name again and soon she was running. It took all of me not to chase her right now. Then I remembered Stella I quickly looked to my right and seen she was trying to put the pieces together.

"She's beautiful." she said and continued to eat her Chinese.

I sat down slowly not fully believing what just happened, "Yeah she is." I spoke absentmindedly.

"What happened?" she softly asked.

I put my head in my hands, "I lost her twice." I stated.

"Well if you ask me she seemed to be thinking the same thing about you." I heard her speak genuinely.

Is that what happened? Did she think I moved on? I would never. Yes I thought I could but, I can't. It's always going to be her.

Then I felt Stella get up so I uncovered my face with my hands.

"I hope you get her back and don't worry I'll tell Carter I had a great time, thank you Ryder." Stella said nicely.

"Stella I'm sorry-" I started but, she cut me off.

I truly felt bad for ruining her day out with me.

"That's okay Ryder, really I get it just make sure you get her back." she said with a genuine smile then she gave me a light kiss on the cheek before leaving.

For the first time in a long time I felt determined. Determined to get Octavia back no matter what the risks were. I wanted her and needed her, it's been to long since I've had her. I wasn't going to let anyone get in the way of that.

After all Octavia is mine.