Chapter 16

Ryder's pov

After Dylan left I needed to see Octavia, he really ticked me off, she's mine. That's also the reason I wasn't thinking when I dipped my head down into her neck like that, her moans were everything. I could listen to them all day. I didn't want her thinking I wasn't going to stop so I told her to make a choice. When she did I was slightly frustrated, but even more so when I seen who called her.

Why did she have a heart right there? Why did she name him her baby?

The fact that she still answered the call even when I told her we were talking, angered me. How dare she choose another guy over me. I tried to calm down, thinking it's only her best friend. But, when I could completely hear the whole conversation, it was another story. I wanted to just claim her as mine already, it just wasn't the time.

When the phone call ended I knew I couldn't contain my anger. Jake was coming to pick her up, they were going to be together, alone, I hated that.

"You know it's rude to answer your phone when someone's talking to you." I growled as I gripped her hips pushing her against the shelf again.

She tensed up at that which made me instantly loosen my grip. I seriously have to learn to control my anger, I just can't when it comes to her. My features softened as I looked at her. Her eyes are so beautiful. People say brown colored eyes are just plain, normal, nothing special.

Except when I look into hers, I see everything that's special and more.

"I have to go, I will call you tonight, answer." I stated with authority, which I knew had an effect on her.

She stared at me with a softness to her eyes and a hint of shock. I kissed her head, letting my lips linger there for a little, until I turned and walked out of the aisle. As I made my way out of the front door to my car I couldn't help but, wonder how Octavia feels about me. Does she think I just want her for a night, that was me, but, now I wasn't so sure she's so much more. I drove down familiar streets and remembered childhood memories of mine.

The park, I made my first friend there and bestfriend till this day. Carter James, he wasn't a very popular kid so he used to get bullied a lot. I was raised right and knew what the kids were doing were very ignorant. So I did something more ignorant and decided to beat all of them up. When I seen them beating him up at the park one day.

After that we were inseparable and had the tightest bond throughout high school. I remember everyone wanted to be as close as we were but, it just wasn't going to happen.

I trust Carter with my life.

Once I made it to my house I parked in the long driveway and got out, turning the car off. It hasn't even been an hour and I already miss her.

"Hey man where were you? Weren't you supposed to come back like 30 minutes ago?" Carter came out of my house, where he basically lives, a confused expression on his face.

He handed me a beer which I gladly took, opening it up and taking a drink, "Got caught up."

Great now he's going to know, I didn't want him to know about Octavia yet. Or else Carter would just push me to be with her more despite my insecurities.

He raised an eyebrow, "Caught up?"

We walked inside and sat in the living room as I flicked through the channels, placing my beer on the table.