Chapter 26

Octavia's pov

Ryder was so amazing, he was nice, he was funny, and he was cute, "What? why are you smiling now grumpy?" I asked, with a smile of my own.

"Grumpy?" he repeated, raising his eyebrows.

"Mhm." I nodded.

The next thing I knew his hands were at my sides, tickling me. After that whole tickle torture, we stayed in the living room, talking. Ryder told me about the company he owned while I told him about me. It sounded pretty boring to work there but, I felt proud to know he worked hard to get to where he was. I felt like Maya who was staring at Jacob, who only left an hour ago and I made sure Maya went home not with Jacob.

"Hey Octavia I'm going to get going, my moms waiting on me she says for you to stop by for dinner one night, she really misses you." Liam stated sincerely, as he popped into the living room.

Liam was just upstairs taking care of Jeremy who puked in his room, I smiled, "Tell her I will and that I miss her too."

He smiled and nodded, "You know I missed you too Octavia."

"Yeah Liam I missed you too." I replied being genuine, why did I have to lie, he was just a friend.

With that he was out the door and I turned to look at Ryder. "Your room, now." he said lowly, looking irritated.

He didn't have to be, and he needed to know that. I just turned around without a word and started walking upstairs to my room. When I opened the door, I went to sit on my bed. Ryder sitting on a chair that was by my desk. It was quite, no one said a word.

"He's just a friend." I stated to break the silence.

"How do I know that with all the sneaky looks, the smiles and the I missed you too, what the hell was that?" he ranted harshly, I hate when Ryder was mad at me, especially since he had no right to be.

"It's not like that-" Ryder was about to say something but, I stopped him, "Stop let me talk okay?"

He looked away and I proceeded, "Liam is Jeremy's best friend, we were the same age so we got along, it ended up into something more but, it stopped after not long because, him and I wanted completely different things and he's just here now to visit his mom, I have no feelings towards him he's just a friend."

He looked like he was thinking when he looked at me, probably seeing if I'm lying, "What was he talking about in the living room?"

"Well me and Liam were sort of a secret from my brother at one point, then big mouthed Jacob blurted it out to him, I guess Liam still doesn't like him for it." I explained, remembering the incident, "Jeremy kicked his ass but, then they made up a week later."

I seen Ryder about to smile when I mentioned Liam getting his ass kicked. It was pretty funny, Liam had a black eye for a week.

"I'm sorry Octavia." Ryder said wholeheartedly.

"If I accept your apology would you stop getting mad at me so much?" I asked raising my eyebrows, this made him chuckle.

"I'll try, I promise." he said getting up and walking over to me, that made my heart beat speed up.

Ryder was standing up as I was sitting down. So I had to look up at him while he looked down at me. Slowly his right hand came up to caress my cheek softly.

Instinctively, I leaned into his touch, "God you're gorgeous." I smiled, my cheeks heating up.

Then his lips captured mine in a much needed kiss. This kiss was slow yet gratifying; sweet. It was pleasant and good, this kiss had my insides dying. I clutched his shirt as my other hand brought his neck closer to me to deepen the kiss. In one swift motion Ryder hooked his hands under my legs and quickly laid me down.

His body now hovered over mine as I giggled into the kiss at the action. We stayed like this for a couple minutes just kissing each other and staring into each other's eyes. It was the best possible time I could have ever had.

••••

I'm not sure when I fell asleep but, when I woke up I touched my lips remembering all the little kisses we shared. It was like we couldn't get enough of each other. I remembered all the little stories he told me and the stories I told him. It was truly an extraordinary moment. I sat in bed for a moment remembering when Ryder left early this morning.

I felt light kisses on my cheeks then my lips and I stirred, "Love, I have to go." I heard Ryder's voice say softly, making me whine.

"Stay." I said rather sleepily with my eyes closed and I lightly pulled on his hand.

"I can't princess I have work but, I will call you later for our walk." he gave my hand a kiss then my forehead and I heard him leave before I fell back asleep.

I quickly checked the time to see it's ten o'clock. I got up, going to the restroom to shower, and while I'm in there my phone rings. If it's Ryder he has such bad timing. After my shower I got out, wrapping the towel around my body before checking my phone.

It was him, I proceeded to call him back as he answered immediately, "Are you okay? Why didn't you answer?" Ryder questioned frantically.

I laughed placing my phone on the counter of the sink, with the speaker on, "Yes I'm fine Ryder I was in the shower, you have great timing." I replied, while taking an aspirin for my aching headache, stupid hangover.

Ryder sighed, "Wow, two times in a row what happens if I hit three, do I get a prize?" I already knew he was smirking.

"Ryder!" I called out, while brushing my wet hair.

"Sorry, are you ready, I'm picking you up at eleven." he asked with a sternness to his tone.

"Yes sir." I joked sarcastically, he chuckled.

"Just be ready Octavia." he replied with authority and hung up.

I smiled at that and left to go pick out an outfit. I chose to wear simple high waisted fitted jeans, with a burgundy half sweater and my black vans. Not a second later he called and said he was here. It got me thinking about our last planned walk and how I didn't believe his reasoning for never showing up, it seemed off. I made it the front door and when I opened it, there he was leaning against his car, he was so handsome.

Jeremy was still asleep which made me grateful to his hangover. Ryder on the other hand, looked really good, he had on black jeans with a grey tight shirt, and his leather jacket. Like a little girl I ran over to him and hugged him in which he chuckled, returning the hug.

"Octavia?"

"Ryder?"

I heard two voices, two voices I really didn't want to hear, at this point, we were never going to get to go on our walk.