Chapter 34

Octavia's pov

It had been three weeks since Casys party, it was so much fun. Ryder properly met Jake and I was happy about it, they seem to get along.

Everything since than has been more than great. Ryder and I would sneak out almost every night to either eat dinner or go to a movie together. If we didn't do that we would just cuddle and talk. Either way I was just happy to be with him. We even went to his house a couple of times.

I've noticed my dad and I have been distant. I know it's certainly because of the guilt I feel for being with Ryder against his wishes. I just can't help it everyday I've spent with him has made me fall even more for him.

I sighed as I broke my morning thoughts to get ready for the day. I went to the restroom doing my basic needs until I looked in my closet. I decided on wearing a sudan blue sun dress that flowed mid thigh with thin straps.

After slipping my black converse on I went downstairs. I hissed as I felt a sharp punch to my arm.

"Good morning." the culprit Jeremy called as he ran past me down the stairs.

"Jeremy you ass!" I yelled chasing after him.

We both almost bumped into my mom.

"You guys no running in the house we have guests." she whisper yelled as I grabbed a pair of Jeremy's boxers from the laundry basket she was carrying.

I wondered what guests were here as I ran after my brother towards the living room. As he opened the door, I was right behind him to pull the boxers I had grabbed over his head.

All conversations seemed to stop as we entered. That's when I noticed my dad with one of his friends, it was Dylan.

I bit my lip trying to contain my laughter as Jeremy quickly took the boxers off his head and fixed his hair.

"Ugh sorry these are my kids." my dad started glaring slightly at our immaturity, "Octavia and Jeremy." he pointed to us as he said our names.

"I believe I've met her at the shop do you remember Octavia?" Dylan asks rather flirty as he looked me over. I had to admit he didn't sound as good saying my name as Ryder did.

"Yes I do and your Dylan." I said giving him a polite smile.

"Brian dinner is ready." my mother said coming into the living room, laundry basket gone.

My phone buzzed so I looked at it to see Ryder texted me, he got a new number after I told him my father deleted his.

Ryder <3; What are you doing my love? Can I come see you?

I blushed hard as I read the text and my heart sped up. I noticed everyone had left to the kitchen but, Dylan.

"Your very beautiful do you know that." Dylan said to me with a smirk.

If he told me this at the time in the shop I would have blushed but, It didn't make me feel that way. Only Ryder did, I was flattered by it though.

"Thank you Dylan." I said with a smile and turned to the door.

I walked out feeling him right behind me, perhaps a little to close. Once I made it to the table I sat down with him taking the seat in front of me. Before dinner started I decided to text Ryder back.

Me; I'm having dinner right now, I can't skip out one of my dads friends are here maybe after?

I got a reply back fast.

Ryder; what friend, name?

I quickly typed back Dylan's name then focused on dinner. Ryder never texted back, another thing was Dylan kept brushing his leg against mine then saying sorry. Or he would reach for something at the same time as me intentionally and our hands would touch.

As soon as dinner was finished I couldn't make it upstairs fast enough. Dylan was for sure suffocating me and not in a good way. I thought I was free until he sneakily followed after me.

"Octavia." he said once I almost shut my door.

I squeezed my eyes shut before turning around to meet Dylan's anxious eyes.

"Yes?" I asked while he invited himself into my room.

What the hell?

"I was wondering if you'd like to go out sometime." he was now cupping my face and I mentally cringed.

I grabbed his hands taking them off of me and placing them at his sides.

"No thank you." I said politely.

"And why is that?" he asked rather cockily.

"Because I said so." I replied seriously then backed him up out of my room, "By the way coming into peoples rooms uninvited is so rude." I said annoyed and rolled my eyes as I shut the door in his face.

Once I turned around I jumped frightened, it was Ryder he was leaning against the wall.

"What are you doing here? When did you get here?" I asked surprised because he couldn't have gotten in here without me seeing him.

"I was hiding in the closet." he said so low I thought I didn't hear it right.

"What?" I asked trying to hide my smile.

"I was hiding in the closet." he repeated a bit louder making me completely smile.

At that I went up and hugged him whispering stalker, that seemed to be our on going joke now. I looked up then he connected our lips as our eyes met.

"Your mine." he whispered against my lips, "if you didn't take him out of your room like you did I swear I would have-"

"I know I know." I said gently cutting him off as my hands went up to cup his face, "You would have beat his ass." I added while laughing.

Over these past weeks Ryder has become more protective of me and I love it.

"Exactly." he said with a light chuckle of his own.

Suddenly the door opened without a knock, "Octavia I've been calling you-"

Hearing that voice made my heart drop.