Chapter 20

Octavia pov

Today was going to be a great day because, last night was absolutely amazing. I felt so happy waking up this morning, more than I usually do and I know it's because, of Ryder. There were still some insecurities about the whole thing but, I pushed those thoughts away. I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. Then I went into my closet, picking out something to wear.

I chose high waisted jean shorts with a plain black shirt, tying the excess of it in knot. It was Saturday which meant no work. So I planned on hanging out with Maya and Jake again today. When I finished getting ready, I walked downstairs and into the kitchen to sit at the counter.

"Hey mom." I greeted with a smile.

"Octavia I'm glad you're awake did your brother tell you already?" she asked enthusiastically.

"No." I warily spoke, my eyebrows drawing together in confusion.

She was about to speak when my phone started to ring "Ryder <3"

"Um, actually mom could you please hold that thought." I said, my mom nodded her head.

I took my phone and went into the living room where nobody was. As I looked at it, I seen Ryder actually called two other times. It must have been when I was in the shower.

"Hel-" I barely got the words out before all I heard was yelling.

"Why didn't you answer me the other two times?" I heard Ryder say very harshly.

Ryder is so sweet, his anger just always got the best of him. I would have to work on that with him. And I would because, I care about him.

"S-sorry I was in the shower a-and I didn't see that you called." I managed to say all while stuttering.

I couldn't help it, it always happened involuntarily when he makes me nervous or when I know he's mad at me.

I heard him take a deep breath then sigh, "I'm sorry I just." he paused like he didn't know what to say.

"It's okay Ryder." I said very sincerely, I already knew how Ryder was so I wasn't going to let this bother me.

"Are you sure I-I didn't mean-"

Wow, I knew Ryder made me stutter but, I didn't think I could make him, that made me giggle.

"And you're laughing at me." he said, with humor in his voice.

"No, no I'm not." I replied, a grin on my face as I looked up at the ceiling.

"Then why are you laughing?" he questioned, with a slight chuckle that I started to love hearing.

"No reason, speaking of reason is there one on why you called?" I questioned, feeling butterflies swarm my stomach at the fact that I'm talking to him right now.

"Actually there is, would you like to go on a walk with me love?" That did it, my heartbeat quickened within the second of hearing that.

"Right now?" I asked, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Yes, also I do wish I could see that blush that's staining your cheeks right now." he said, a serious tone in his voice, which only made me blush more.

"I-um-"

This is what happened last night. I got so tongue tied I couldn't get a word out. Then Ryder calmed me down, like really calmed me down. I've never had anyone that could do that to me with a simple touch, but, it wasn't just a simple touch, it was his touch.

"Are you still there?" he asked, as I still hadn't replied.

"Yes what time?" I asked, referring to the walk.

"I'll come now wait for me in the front." And with that he hung up.

•••

It was about two hours later since Ryder said he would be here, he never showed up. I was a little disappointed but, realized he probably got busy. Besides my mom told me he owns the biggest company in New York. Why would he have time to go on a walk with me? So now here I was moping around.

That was until Jake came over and convinced me I shouldn't be sad about this. I knew he was right, so I let him talk me into helping him throw a party, at my house. My parents were both at the shop today but, they called unexpectedly saying they had to go out of town for the weekend, which is very convenient. They said they were going to go meet up with some of their old high school friends. Apparently it was a traditional thing.

Jake and I had just went out to buy the drinks and were now headed home, "I can't believe you actually agreed." Jake spoke, a cocky grin on his face.

"And why is that?" I asked, turning my head to look at him.

"Because, you were moping around so much I thought you'd rather have a funeral than a party." he joked, laughter spewing from him.

"Hey, shut up." I hit him in the arm hard, he can be such an ass.

"Hey, hey I'm driving." he laughed some more, watching the road ahead.

I just shook my head and stared out the window until we got home. I noticed this black car in the drive way, it's probably one of Jeremy's friends. Jake parked in front of my house and we both got out, as he opened the trunk. I noticed the black car door open but, I didn't see who got out. I was too busy picking up a case of beers as did Jake, we then shut the trunk and started walking.

"I hope this party turns out to be like that movie project x." Jake said grinning.

I shook my head and laughed at his suggestion. There was no chance I would let this party get that out of hand.

"What, no way." I laughed while we walked up the drive way.

I stopped dead in my tracks though when I seen who it was leaning against the black car.

"Ryder...."