Chapter 8

Octavia's pov

"Maybe it's just a coincidence." Maya, one of my friends says.

We had been friends for two years, ever since she moved in next door and we've just been close ever since. I had just informed her of Ryder, I don't know how I feel about him. He's hot for one and he makes me extremely nervous, that I stutter when we talk sometimes. I've never been that nervous when a guy talked to me before. It's just weird that I seen him twice in a row when I thought I'd never see him again.

"A coincidence? The same guy who drove me home last night, showed up at my thrift shop just to buy a toolbox?" I explained, maybe I'm over thinking it.

She sighs and shakes her head as she pops a strawberry in her mouth. "Maybe he's a serial killer and you're his next victim." she says spookily and makes scary hand gestures at me.

I threw a pillow at her and she laughs, catching it, "That's not funny, I'm being serious." I said, a smile tugging at my lips.

I had got back from the shop two hours ago and called Maya to come over. I needed to vent to someone and Jake and I were still not talking. Considering he hasn't texted me once. If he thought I was going to text him first, I wasn't.

"Okay, okay I know but.." she gave me a weird look, "Will you tell me what happened with you and Jake?"

I didn't tell her but, she knew something was up since she also knew Jake and I went to the club last night together. Plus all the time me and Jake have an argument or something, she always senses it.

"What do you mean?" I lied.

"Oh come on Octavia, I know Jake drove you both to the club last night and you said that Ryder guy gave you a ride back, so what happened to Jake?" she stated, I was hoping she wouldn't notice that.

I sighed, might as well tell her, "Me and Jake kissed." she gasped, as that came out of my mouth.

"How was it? Was it good? Did you-"

I cut her off, it wasn't even like that. I mean sure it was good but, it didn't excuse what he did.

"Maya stop...the kiss was good but, when I wanted him to stop he didn't." I started to get sad, Jake had really scared me.

Her green eyes narrowed into a death glare, "I'll kill him, what did he do?"

"Nothing...I mean, he stopped when I slapped him."

She sighed and looked at me, "I'm sorry what happened after that?"

"Thats when I went outside and-"

"You met Ryder, such a cute love story." she winked, trying to lighten the mood.

I blushed and threw yet another pillow at her while laughing. "Stop."

"Hey, ow, stop throwing pillows at me." she frowned.

Our laughter died down after awhile until she spoke.

"Listen you and Jake are the most closest people I have ever known...he'll come around and talk to you he's probably just as devastated as you okay? Trust me." I nodded sadly, I just wanted my bestfriend back.

If we were being honest here, soon enough just like she said, almost an hour later he called me.

"Come outside please."

————————————-
Vote for more chapters