Chapter 12

Ryder's pov

I was currently at Octavia's house speaking to her father. I had sent one of my men in my gang to watch over her house. Creepy I know, I just want her to be safe at all times. When he told me a guy was with her though. I was so mad I was speeding down there in a second.

My reason for being there was speaking to her dad, of course. When I found out her family owned that little thrift shop, it was perfect.

I immediately looked into it and realized her father was a former gang member of mine. Very smart man, the records showed he had dropped being in the gang because, his wife got pregnant years ago. It said he wanted to be with his family. Brian, was a former leader, respected one at that, his job was managing the drugs department. For a small amount of time he was a great hit man.

The best of the best actually besides me, I guess you could say he was known.

Now I needed him back, that's why I was here. I had been wanting to get all our former men back. Of course under their circumstances. We needed people who knew the business as well as anything. Brian had helped the gang in the past with many situations.

This time his only concern was his family to be safe. Which they would be, Octavia, would be of course. I was so relieved when I realized the guy I seen in the shop was her brother. Jake was still a problem though.

And the moment Octavia stopped stuttering I was quick to notice. The way her cheeks blushed a scarlet red when I pointed it out. It made her look so cute. I felt bad with getting in an argument earlier with her. I was just angry that she actually forgave him.

Luckily before she could ask me why I was so angry her parents walked in. It was her choice though whether to forgive him or not. I was just mad that he got her forgiveness.

Now onto the things I discussed with her father, which were about the thrift shop. I wanted him to start importing illegal drugs from places far away, using his shop. Brian agreed but, said he needed to talk to his wife first. I didn't want Octavia to find out but, I soon found out him and his daughter were close, their whole family was. Which included Jake, that made me envious.

Would they except me if I were to be with Octavia?

"Goodbye Mrs. hill thank you for dinner." I stopped by the kitchen and politely said.

Alison, her mother was a literal older version of Octavia, same brown eyes and hair. She was sweet and I came to find very important to Brian.

"Oh, you're very welcome, do come by again I love having guests." she said sweetly, I'd happily take the offer if it meant seeing Octavia again.

"Of course have a good night." I politely smiled, which I rarely did.

Once I reached the door my fists clenched. Jake currently just kissed Octavia on the cheek and wrapped his arms around her waist. I felt like ripping her out of his arms so bad but, that would freak her out. Instead I waited and moved myself out of their view.

"Bye I love you, I'll call you later and remember I'm so sorry." he said, which only made my hands turn into fists at the memory of what he did.

I swear to god, deep breathes Ryder, deep breathes. It got quiet for a second and I had to look back. Which I really shouldn't have, she was now touching his cheek, looking at him.

"Yeah I know." I heard her say softly.

That was it, my breaking point. I watched her shut the door and turn around. I just knew, she knew I was mad from the look on her face.

"You're leaving?" She asked, immediately my features softened and I kind of calmed down, inside I was still raging.

"Yes." I simply answered, watching as she squirmed nervously, under my gaze.

"Okay, bye." she said quickly, turning for the stairs but, my hand quickly caught her wrist, pulling her around.

We stared into each other's eyes for a second before she said something, "You have to stop doing that."

"Doing what?" I asked confused.

I watched as her eyes landed on my hand that's locked around her wrist. Okay, yeah I guess I did do this to her over three times already.

"Right..well goodnight." I mumbled softly and slowly let her wrist go, she smiled and the smallest laugh came from her.

"Goodnight Ryder." she replied and this time she made it up the stairs without me stopping her.

Fuck, I opened the door she just recently closed and walked out. Once I made it to my car I went straight home. What was Octavia doing to me, it's like I was drawn to her. Maybe I just needed her for a night and I'd forget all about her.

Lies, I knew I was lying. I could feel the guilt I had just from saying the words. All of the words were just straight lies. I was attracted to her, intrigued.

I needed her for myself.