Chapter 14

Ryder's pov

"I beg to differ." I said, moving closer to her until I was in front of her.

I couldn't believe she didn't know how absolutely gorgeous she was, entrancing. She was currently blushing, a beautiful sight.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, shaking her head and changing the subject.

Which only brought another thought to my head. If Octavia knew who I really was, would she still get this way around me?

"Your father and I are working on something together."

"Like what?" her eyes just twinkled with curiosity, and it made her seem even more innocent than she already looked.

"Nothing you need to worry your sweet head about." I said smoothly, while she looked down.

"Oh I-" she was only starting to say when the bell to the shop cut her delicate voice off.

In which she turned around to see who it may be. I almost growled at the close proximity she was with, as she bumped into the person coming in. They were now really close when I heard her gasp and take a step back almost immediately.

"I-I'm sorry." she's stuttering, I've never heard her stutter with anyone but me, I felt angry about it.

I looked the guy over, he seemed to be in his early twenties, black hair, and dressed business casually. The one thing that caught my eye was the way he was looking at her, I didn't like it at all.

"That's quite alright beautiful."

I clenched my jaw, my fists were clenching even faster. I waited for her reaction but, her father came out from the back. Great timing might I add.

"Ah, Dylan, you're here." he greeted, with a smile as he opened his arms.

Wait this is Dylan, you have got to be kidding me. This was the whole reason I came, to meet him. Brian said the person who brings the shops supplies could help us out with importing the drugs. Apparently, he was the guy who checked the stuff out before delivering it. But, now that I seen the way he eyes Octavia I'm going to have to change that plan.

My mind instantly changed though, when I seen Brian and Dylan hug as if they haven't seen each other in years.

"Still looking old I see." Dylan said smugly, looking at Brian in a playful manner.

"Still being an arrogant asshole I see." Brian replied, rolling his eyes being clearly unaffected by what he said.

I heard an angelic sound and looked at where it came from and on my right it was her. Octavia was laughing, when did she move so close to me. I don't know, but I liked it.

"And now Brian if you may, who is this gorgeous young women right here." Dylan said, facing Octavia again which made me even angrier.

For a second I think Octavia noticed because, her eyes shifted to me then back to Dylan. Her cheeks turning a light shade of pink. I should be the only person who makes her blush, she'll soon know that.

"This is Octavia, my daughter." Brian stated, fairly proudly.

"Hi." Octavia smiled softly.

"Hi." Dylan repeated in a more flirty manner trying to be sly.

"Okay, well I'm going to go see if mom needs any help." she said shyly.

Dylan smiled at her and said, "I hope to see you later Octavia." he replied, in a more flirty manner which irked me badly.

She only smiled without a blush making me internally smirk. As she was walking away Dylan just stared at her retreating form.

"Ah, ah, ah, Dylan don't even think about it you know who I am, you know what I could do." Brian said, confidently and lethal.

This made Dylan immediately snap his head away from her, leaving me absolutely satisfied at what Brian had said.

"Now, shall we." Brian said, completely changing his mood clapping his hands together as he grinned happily and then motioned us towards the back.

•••

It had been hours since I'd seen Octavia, I had been in the back room since the last time I seen her. Brian introduced me to Dylan. Apparently they've known each other for five years, I still didn't like him. Which is why we really couldn't get anything done because, I kept disagreeing with him. Don't get me wrong, the ideas, great, him, not so great.

Nevertheless we ended up with a really great thought out plan.

The shop gets donations from different countries. While there getting shipped out, they stop at one place, the place Dylan works. Dylan's job is to take the boxes that will have a certain mark on them, indicating they have the drugs. While he puts them in the first truck out of there. Before any police have a chance to check them.

"This will work and if it doesn't I'll have your head." I said almost ruthlessly, to Dylan and smirked.

"You can try." Dylan snaps back cockily, I swear if I didn't have any respect for Brian, Dylan would be taking a nice nap; on the floor.

"Boys play nice." A feminine voice said and in walked Alison heading for Brian.

Dylan smiles sheepishly at her as she gave him a motherly scold and I just mumbled an apology. I normally never apologize but, she's a very respectable women and Brian's wife. Plus maybe even one day my mother in law. Brian instantly pulls her towards him and kisses her hand first. While wrapping his arm around her waist so they were facing each other and he whispered things to her, making her blush.

I took this as my cue to leave and subtly said goodbye to Brian. Dylan must have thought this too as he was following me out the door. Brian had informed me when he asked her about everything. That she seemed skeptical about it, but, said she trusted him.

I was really eager to see Octavia now. Just as I thought this she came walking around the corner with a box in her hands and headphones in her ears. Making her way into a different aisle. I frowned internally when she didn't notice me.

"She's a beauty isn't she?" Dylan said, staring in the direction Octavia went, my fists clenching.

"Yes, very much." I replied, through gritted teeth.

Working with him is going to be the death of me.