Prologue

"Mum! I miss her just as much as you do, but you can't keep me here. School starts soon and I miss my friends," A very angry and tired Addison Tyler yelled.

   "I know sweetheart, I just don't want you to go missing either. Plus with that dangerous friend of yours who knows what will happen this year," A stressed and worried Jackie Tyler whined. Addi was getting ready to leave for the Leaky Cauldron in London. That's where she was going to meet up with her best friends Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley. She was also very good friends with Fred and George Weasley as well as Ginny Weasley. In fact, she was close with lots of people at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She was a naturally smart and friendly person.

  Jackie Tyler was a very beautiful lady who had two daughters; one of which that has been missing for about six months and another who possesses magic. It's not to say that Jackie was ashamed of her magical daughter, but more aware that she couldn't tell anybody anything so she kept it a secret. Even from her other daughter, but now that she was missing, Jackie had lately been clinging to her youngest. She didn't want to be alone more than anything.

  "Mum, I promise I will write to you. I know you think the owls are weird, but they really are the definition of fast service. Also I love you lots and I'll be home for Christmas. I promise!" Addi yelled as she lugged her trunk full of school stuff out the door. She lived in apartment building so as she dragged her suitcase towards the stairwell she let out an annoyed sigh and began to struggle with the force of gravity (which began to pull her suitcase down faster than she could handle). She didn't live that far away from Diagon Alley, but she didn't want to lug about the streets of London with a big, heavy trunk. She sat down on the street corner to think of a way to get there when a triple decker bus pulled up in front of her; pulled up was the term she used very lightly because, as it so happened, the bus tire came within two inches of her shoes.

She looked up as the bus door opened. A youngish looking man stepped out of the bus and pulled a notecard out of his pocket.

"Welcome to the Knight Bus. Emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. My name is Stan Shunpike, and I will be your conductor this evening," Stan read of the card, very bored by the sound of it, and peered at Addi who had put a friendly smile onto her face.

"Hello could you take me to the Leaky Cauldron that's in London, please?" Stan let his eyebrows furrow as he glanced back onto the bus.

"You're the second person tonight whose asked to go there. Aw, well must be a coincidence. Hop on and I'll grab your luggage," Addi hesitantly did so and hopped up the bus steps. She looked around for a few seconds before someone latched onto her in a hug. She internally freaked out before recognizing the black, messy hair of her best friend and wrapped her small arms around him. When he pulled back she smiled at him.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked.

"I'm headed to the Leaky Cauldron, I suppose you're doing the same?" Harry nodded before they both fell down onto one of the beds due to the fast acceleration of the Knight Bus. "Did something happen with your Aunt and Uncle?" Addi asked with concern. She hoped that he didn't get kicked out, but if he did then she knew he would always have a home with the Weasleys.

Harry nodded again before launching into the story about how he accidentally made his Uncle's sister, Marge, blow up like a balloon because she was talking bad about his parents. He also told her about how, right before the Knight Bus pulled up in front of him, a black dog came out of the bushes towards him. After he was done telling the story she gave him a small smile as she wrapped an arm around his shoulders. He gave her a grateful smile in return. In the next few moments they had arrived at their destination.

"Ron and the rest of the Weasley clan will be at the Leaky Cauldron tomorrow, but tonight I think you should rest. You're probably really tired from everything and it's pretty late. Goodnight Harry," Addi then took her key from Tom, the owner, and walked off towards her room.